Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Cold Weather Parka

Old 11-27-2007, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Cold Weather Parka

With the cold weather, especially here in Minnesota, upon us. I've realized the need for a new cold weather parka. One that has caught my eye is by Under Armour. I have the Under Armour base 3.0, and couldn't be happier. That is why the "new" Armour Stealth Extreme cold parka found at www.underarmour.com has caught my eye. Anyone have expieriance with it, if so, details? Also, what do you all use?
Old 11-27-2007, 06:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Cold Weather Parka

I like my Under Armour 3.0 Cold Gear also, but for a Parka I'd check out Gray Wolf Woolens, DayOne Camo, or the Cabela's Outfitter Camo. Whatever you get be sure it has a wind barrier in it

Dan
Old 11-27-2007, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

I like my Under Armour 3.0 Cold Gear also, but for a Parka I'd check out Gray Wolf Woolens, DayOne Camo, or the Cabela's Outfitter Camo. Whatever you get be sure it has a wind barrier in it

Dan
Thanks for the options. And an aditional wind barrier would be a big help. I also have a vest from gander mountain that has one in it. Thanks.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:33 PM

I would simply get a good quality camo Gore Tex parka - the unlined shell. Very versatile. Can be worn over a shirt for early season. By the dead of winter, you can layer up with Underarmour next to the skin, wool or polar fleece over that, and the shell as an outer layer. Waterproof and windproof, yetbreathable.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:48 AM
Fork Horn

I purchased the Elite Fleece jacket from Cabela's a few weeks ago in Outfitter camo. I'm very pleased with it. The jacket is insulated (and warm), but light enough to allow layering without being too bulky. It's super quiet with plenty of pockets for all my stuff.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the info guys, I'll let you know what I decide, hope it's quick. It's single digits in MN.