Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Just bought my first bow! Mods? >

Just bought my first bow! Mods?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Just bought my first bow! Mods?

Old 11-21-2007, 09:15 AM
Spike

Default Just bought my first bow! Mods?

Hey guys after months of testing bows reading thousands of reviews and posts I finally made the leap and bought my first bow. I also realized how much personal opinion means and not eveything is "what does everyone else use".

I was originally planning on getting a package deal from soup to nuts, but after all the reading I have done I have decided to build and setup my own. Knowing my measurements and what I needed I went to a few stores and searched the net.

I ended up purchasing the 2007 bear truth bow with the correct module for my DL. It will be here friday.New in box with warranty for $300.00 shipped. I never know what to tell anyone to get me for christmas but this year it will be components for my bow.

All opinions on the following would be greatly appreciated.

Whisker Biscuit rest (looking into the drop tine or deluxe, I like the black better) any major differences between the two?

Trophy ridge vertical (3 or 5 pin) not made up my opinion yet on which would be better.

Doinker A bomb 4" or cap deluxe lore stabilizers

truglo quiver

The only thing I don't havemuch of an idea about are arrows, don't know what brands are top, or if I want alum or carbon? any idea's on the ubove setup?

I will behunting whitetail deer and possibly black bear, tons of target practice in the yard

Old 11-21-2007, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Just bought my first bow! Mods?

Congrats!

If you are going to use a whisker biscuit, I STRONGLY suggest blazer vanes. Regular vanes will wrinkle after a few shots. Blazers are tough and fly great too.

My personal preference would be for a 3 pin sight versus a 5 pin. Most people never use a 4th or 5th pin while whitetail hunting.

The Truth is a nice bow. Good luck.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:36 PM

cool that ur getting ur bow friday bear's are good bows i am getting my next bow probaly over the summer and i am going with a bear, but anyways the whisker bisciut is a great HUNTING rest, sights i like truglo but trohpy ridge makes good sights and so does cobra, but my preference is truglo good and cheap, i think any stabilizer will work so yes the doinker will work fine the true glo quivers are also good quivers, arrows i shoot easton st epics quality arrows at a fair price (i am on a budget) but if you are going to shoot a bisciut which i recommend by the way you should have blazer vanes on your arrows they never wrinkle and are tough, and i know you didnt mention this but for broadheads i would go with muzzy's.
by the way i would also go with a 3 pin sight, and the truth is a very good higher end bow and have fun and good luck
Old 11-21-2007, 08:32 PM
Fork Horn

get the whisker deluxe. it allows fine tuning of the rest that the others dont. good for punchin bulet holes in paper!! Fuse hooked up with carolina archery to make a totally vibration baffled version of it.
I really dig the sword acusight. The New fuse sights are cool. The apex atomic six pin kicks ass too!!
Get a roller guard and a string stop. back all of your bolt on accessories with moleskin and line any thing the arrow might bump with it. you can get it in Camo. The fuse axiom sidkick stabilizer is great and will ofset the weight of the quiver. The truglo quivers are awsome, with cut holes that are suitable for any broadhead, including Rages and other finiky ones. they are length adjustable. the fuse ones are great too! Fully silenced The quieter you are the better! Maxima 250 arrows are great, and the archers flame lighted nocks kick ass. For your fletching, get turbo nocks. they work great with a biscut and add a whole lot of accuracy improving spin. they add an inch to your arrow, so take an extra inch off the front. the balence point is perfect!
Thats the setup I dream of for hte most part. Just my 2 cents
Have a good one
Phil
Old 11-22-2007, 01:13 AM
Fork Horn

eagleye if you dont mind me asking where did you get your bow for 300.00 dollars
Old 11-26-2007, 07:13 AM
Spike

sorry, just found your post.i actually bought it off ebay for 300 shipped. bare bow. new in box. happen to luck out because it had my draw module already installed.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like alpine soft-loc quivers,3 pin trophy ridge STEEL pin and .019,whisker biscuit used to be my "go to" rest till I tried qad ultra rest-it's full capture like wb,can be manually cocked ahead of time(dropaway),and will only drop if bow is actually fired-will stay up even thru letdown,and my stabilizer is a simple limbsavr.