Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

comfortable tree stand

Old 01-22-2003, 12:18 AM
pup

Default comfortable tree stand

i am looking for the most comfortable tree stand that i would still be able to shoot a bow out of.. something with a back rest my back hurts alot.

peta SUCKS
Old 01-22-2003, 03:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: comfortable tree stand

I bow hunt of of a Summit Goliath. It has a wrap around rail, so you have to stand to shoot. I don't mind as I prefer the extra sercure feeling it gives me. If you want a comfortable stand without the rail take a look at the Summit cobra, it should be very comfortable and easy to shoot out of.

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING AND YOU WON'T BE HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS
Old 01-22-2003, 09:18 AM

I agree with Summits being the most comfortable.

I have two Cobras and they are great. I use a Lone Wolf the most since it so easy to carry.
Old 02-02-2003, 02:15 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
i am looking for the most comfortable tree stand that i would still be able to shoot a bow out of.. something with a back rest my back hurts alot.

peta SUCKS
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

Old 02-02-2003, 02:20 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

peta SUCKS
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>
HEY IF YOUR LOOKING FOR A GOOD STAND THAT YOU WILL BE SO COMFORTABLE THAT YOU CAN STAY ALL DAY IN TRY THE TREE LOUNGE ITS GREAT WITH THE BOW HUNTER ADAPTOR.I HAVE AN ON LINE ARCHERT SHOPPE (YE OLDE ARCHERY SHOPPE) AND IAM TRYING TO GET SOME TO SELL.THEY ARE GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-02-2003, 08:29 PM

I've only owned a loggy and summit and would have to say the summit is very comfortable, much more than the loggy. But i don't have alot to compare too.
Old 02-03-2003, 08:04 AM
Typical Buck

The Summit line, IMO is the best, bar none. Any of them are great and very comfortable. For pure comfort the Revolution is hard to beat. The downside is it is a little harder to climb with. The Viper is slightly less comfortable, but very easy to climb with. I own one of each and love both of them.

As far as the Lounge, it is a great stand comfort wise. I personally would not choose one for bow hunting. It is harder to assemble and set up than the Summits, and harder to climb. I do nt like the platform for bow hunting because it sticks you about 2 feet away from the tree when you stand in it. It defeats the purpose of finding some cover if you are getting that far from the tree. I also found the platform to be very small.
Old 02-03-2003, 06:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

I own a Hunters View Climber and API Hanging. They both are great. I think I am set on treestands for a Long while! The API has a huge seat and PLATFORM. The Hunters View Eagle climber is a quiet and no too heavy. Easy on easy off. I have tricked both out with leaf tape and padding. I did alot to quiet the Hunters View down. Like padding on the Plattform and felt tape around everything that could possibily make noise. I looked around and got great prices for both. Api Baby Grand(I think) was $110 and the Hunters View was $119. great deals, they are out there! good luck!!!!!

bowhuntingfool
Old 02-03-2003, 07:55 PM
Spike

Check out Docs recliner at docsrecliner.com. I bought one when they first came out and I just bought one of their new ones. They're kinda like a Tree Lounge but I feel they have some features that are better. Heavy? Yes. Expensive? Yes. But I go high and feel safe and they are so comfortable I used to have a hard time staying awake. Don't have to worry about falling out either.

Old 02-06-2003, 08:32 PM
Typical Buck

I usually use one of my API Baby Grands when I'm
going to be on stand all day. They have a comfortable
seat and a large platform. No backrest, but you
can pick up a camoed pad that will strap around
the tree for less than $20. I picked one up at
Cabela's or BPS a couple years ago, does a good
job.

Here's another back pad/support I came across
the other day. Looks like it would do a good
job when used with a treestand.
http://www.turkeyhuntingsecrets.com/...odbackmate.htm

TB

Quick Reply: comfortable tree stand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.