Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

broadheads

Old 11-18-2007, 05:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: broadheads

Outback Supreme Single Bevel, they are .043 thick with a Rockwall 51 hardness.

One very tough broad head that stays razor sharp even after a dozen shots into a broad head target.

Plus they do leave a very nice entrance/ exit hole

Old 11-18-2007, 07:18 PM
Spike

I use NAP Thunderhead Broadheads, G5 Tekan II, and Grim Reaper Razortip - 125-grain.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

You can check out my website. I have a lot of free info on how to pick a head tuning etc. www.broadheadtests.com
Old 11-19-2007, 02:48 PM

well i have shot two satellite and muzzy both very good and cheap too.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:42 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: 358WINMAN

I agree with Dan-MeanV2. Slick Tricks are the best fixed blade out there.
Please do the deer a favor and do not shoot mechanicals unless you follow these tips:
Your bow is set for at least a 65lb draw and you practice alot and can place an arrow perfectly out to 25yds.
These Rage and other mechanicals lose far too many deer due to poor penetration unless there is sufficient kinetic energy to drive the mechanical deep. In my honest opinion, if it were up to me, mechanicals would be outlawed period!
Shoot a fixed blade that has a great reputation. Even if you draw only 50lbs, you'll pass through on most shots.
You and we owe that to these magnificent creatures we love so much. Deer should never be "lost" to the failure of mechanicals![:@]
Thank God your not the BH police.

I don't know whereyou get you facts in regards to Rage BHs losing deer and not getting penetration.
With the deer I've shot and seen shot they do an unbelievable job in regards to the holes (damage) they create and penetration they deliver. I also have read story after story after story in this forum and other forums of the consistent devastation the Rage BH has done.

And by the way you DON'T need 65lbs to shoot a Rage!

Old 11-19-2007, 07:02 PM

I ask you to prove that with reasonable fact! This year, the Rage has become the hottest topic in my buddy's bow shop. He even tried them until his Ohio trip went bust becuase of a failed Rage BH on a super shooter buck in the high 150 range!
When I'm there for coffee or to buy stuff, all the customers get to know one another and share stories of their adventures. The Rage has become the topic surrounding far too many lost deer and big bucks lost as well! The older fellas who shoot 50-60lbs are not getting any penetration from the Rages. Neither are the pros on the hunting channels. Watch their shots; half an arrow in the deer even at close range! As far as I'm concerned, half an arrow is not good enough to be reliable all the time. The deer deserves to be killed quickly, not lost or crippled because a broadhead didn't make it all the way through the vitals. Some one lungers die, many live...

If I were the BH Police, I can personally think of about 20 deer that would be really dead, not crippled or lost because of " fad" broadheads.[:'(] I'll stack my Slick Tricks up against any Rage shooter any day with money on the table.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:13 PM
Fork Horn

We'll agree to disagree.

But must we always blame the BH. Maybe, just maybe, it might be the person behind the bow. That is why every BH has lost a deer or 2.

As a dealer out of Southern MN told me today, "the Rage is the BEST mariginal hit broadhead out there and nothing elsecomes close." So actually the Rage BH will help find more deer than cripple.

Old 11-24-2007, 09:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Not a closeup but I think you can get an idea what kind of hole a 4 blade Slick Trick leaves. This 06 Mulie was shot at 50+ yards and went only 40 yards. I love it when I see'em crashHope to add an 07 Mulie to my wall in December

Dan

Old 11-24-2007, 11:26 AM

Yup - that's a big hole alright. And nearly perfect shot placement.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Roskoe

Yup - that's a big hole alright. And nearly perfect shot placement.
Even a Blind Hog finds an acorn once in a while if he stays under the Oak tree

Dan

Quick Reply: broadheads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.