Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Looking for a bow.

Old 11-12-2007, 08:22 PM
Spike

Default Looking for a bow.

Hello guys. I just started hunting with Bow this year, and i started off with shooting with my uncles 15 year old bow. I feel like its time for me to buy one myself since i started liking this sport. Wanted to know what you guys feel about these brand names.
Fred Bear
Hoyt
Bowtech
Diamond
If you can just write just brand name and model of favorite bow.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Looking for a bow.

I like the bowtech general and the diamond marquis.. not sure wich one i prefer yet
Old 11-13-2007, 05:37 AM
Fork Horn

I think for the price of a brand new bow you arent gonna beat the new bow from Mathews.The "Mission" It isnt out yet but you can order them and will be comin out in the next week or so.They will be around 500 bucks.I dont think you can go wrong here.I bought a Mathews 2 yrs ago , and paid about double the mission price but it is worth it.Mathews is the fastest,quickest,and quietest way to the top.Consider it
Old 11-13-2007, 07:03 PM
Spike

I'm trying to find the Mathews "Mission", but didnt. And i was looking for the bowtech general and the diamond marquis, also the Truth2 from Fred Bear.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:40 AM
Fork Horn

Mission just now coming out.I shot one at my local retailer and I have a Switchback and the Mission is almost a repeat of the Switchback.They are not making the switchback anymore , so I have to reccomend the Mission.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:28 PM
Typical Buck

Those are all good brands. I would reccomend that you go to a pro shopand shoot different brands and models. Get the one you like, not what we like. There are alot of companies to choose from.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:26 PM
Spike

HOYT KATERA check it out at www.hoyt.com a awesome lookin bow heard it was wicked fast under the radar right now but looks SWEET
Old 11-14-2007, 07:49 PM

I have shot the new Bowtech, Diamond and i hate them Mathews,Hoyt,even Bear Blows those out of the water do not buy Bowtech, Diamond I REPEAT DO NOT BUY A Bowtech, Diamond
Old 11-20-2007, 01:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: rochelle

Those are all good brands. I would reccomend that you go to a pro shopand shoot different brands and models. Get the one you like, not what we like. There are alot of companies to choose from.
I agree with what he said. I don't bowhunt, but I do gun hunt and if you wanted a gun, you would go to a gunshop and see which gun fit you the best. It has to be the same with a bow. We can give you suggestions on what to try, but only you can decide what fits best.

Just go and shoot a whole bunch of bows and decide what you like the best.

Good Luck!!!!
Pheasantfanatic
Old 11-20-2007, 03:31 PM

The Reflex line of bows, made by Hoyt, are a very good value for the money. Check out the Growler or the Ridgeline.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.