Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

What bow to get?

Old 11-07-2007, 01:29 PM
Spike

Default What bow to get?

Ok so i know you probably get this question a lot so sorry to bug you but what bows should i look at and shoot?

my price range is $300

my DL is 25" and would like it to be adjustable to 28"

For lbs id like it to go up to 50lb and would be great if it went higher.

I'm looking at reviews and stats of the edge right know. But would like a list of bows to shoot and see what I like.

Thanks
JessetJames
Old 11-07-2007, 02:01 PM

Default RE: What bow to get?

IMO: You would be better finding a better used bow than trying to find something new in that price range. A lot of guys are looking to upgrade to the newest, latest, and fastest gear around. You can pick up a bow that sold for 400-600 two years ago for around 3 bills.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:17 PM
Spike

ok so for used bows what bow should i get?

or for a new one what should i get?
Old 11-07-2007, 03:25 PM
Fork Horn

I'd go with a used hoyt, sounds like it would fit your needs and meet your adjustable draw req.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:01 AM

I don't think your search should be brand specific......look for the best bow for the $. Shoot a few, then pick the bow that feels best to you. Find the brand of bow that you like the best not what someone else recommends. Used bows are like used cars [let the buyer beware] check them over and make sure they don't have a cracked limb or something.

2droptine probably shoots a Hoyt as do two of my friends(very good bow) I shoot a Martin, another friend shoots a PSE. I guess my point is: Find the bow that fits you, and your budget.

Good Luck
Old 11-08-2007, 02:45 PM

I agree with eelriver. You definitely need to test them out. Go to an archery shop that has several kinds of bows, both new and old, and shoot each one. OnlyYOU can decide which one feels the best and has the right fit. There are many brands out there (Hoyt, Matthews, Parker, High Country, Bear, PSI, Browning, Bowtech, Martin, etc. etc. etc...) and I know it's hard to choose which one due to the vast amounts of choices out there, but find out how each shoots. Not all bows are created equal! One may shoot better than another, the only way to know is get out there and do some shoot'n.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:50 PM
Typical Buck

Check out Parker bows. You can buy the bow you want and if you choose to pull more weight in a year or so you can exchange the limbs for a heavier set for $50.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bowtech equalizer
Old 11-12-2007, 05:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

The Bowtech Equalizer is a Great bow, but it might be a little out of your price range. The Edge is also a fine bow and would be an excellent choice

Dan
Old 11-13-2007, 08:17 PM

I have shot the edge and did not like it It felt very cheep and loud lots of vibration .

they equalizer looks much better.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.