Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 WOOL OR PREMIUM SYNTHETIC CAMO????? >

WOOL OR PREMIUM SYNTHETIC CAMO?????

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

WOOL OR PREMIUM SYNTHETIC CAMO?????

Old 11-07-2007, 12:39 PM
Spike

Default WOOL OR PREMIUM SYNTHETIC CAMO?????

Whats up guys, need to get some opinions on camo suggestions. I live and hunt Illinois and recently purchased a scentlok jacket and pants. I was going to try to layer with endura skin and a polar fleece but it just doesn't get the job done, after a few hours I get chilled. I can't exchange it anymore so I need to find another set of camo but not with too high of a price tag(spent the weekend in vegas and didn't do too well), I'm looking for something for colder climatesand consideringthe need to have something for wet conditions, This is where the question comes in, wool or synthetic???I would like it tobe quiet, warm and dry. I will also be using this for bow hunting...$300 is the budget, any help would be appreciated
Old 11-07-2007, 12:56 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: WOOL OR PREMIUM SYNTHETIC CAMO?????

IMO, wool is the best out there. I'm fortunate to live near a town that has a woolen mill, so they make some excellent products, especially bibs(we call them tuxedos here). Very warm, quiet, not real expensive. The only drawback to wool gear is that you may not find the fancy camo patterns like others offer, but IMO, most of the stuff others offer is to please the hunters eyes instead of the animals eyes. Check out bemidji woolen mills online and see what they offer. Taz
Old 11-07-2007, 01:21 PM
Spike

Default RE: WOOL OR PREMIUM SYNTHETIC CAMO?????

I too was skeptical about camo being made for the hunter eyes and then I read this, NOW I WONDER

http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/general/news/story?page=c_fea_QDMA_what_deer_see