Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

What happened to Hoyt?

Old 11-05-2007, 12:07 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: What happened to Hoyt?

ORIGINAL: SevenMag

ORIGINAL: popeandyoungchaser

Said they feel just like last years bows.
***wonders what was so wrong with last years bows***

why is that such a bad thing???? lotsa folks that tried the vectrix really loved it... i shot a trykon last season while shopping and liked it better than the mathews drenalin (which so many are raving about)...
Why is that so bad? Because bowtech came out with some of the most innovative designs since the straight limb bow. And in this business, you got to keep innovating.

And from all the archery boards I visit its, showing. Even the hoyt dealers who also sell bowtech, are saying thier sales of hoyts are sagging.

I hope hoyt comes out with something very innovative. Keeps the others on thier toes.

Old 11-05-2007, 12:13 PM
Typical Buck

why is that such a bad thing???? lotsa folks that tried the vectrix really loved it... i shot a trykon last season while shopping and liked it better than the mathews drenalin (which so many are raving about)...
I'm wondering too.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:29 PM
Spike

Why is that so bad? Because bowtech came out with some of the most innovative designs since the straight limb bow. And in this business, you got to keep innovating.
Only because of demand from folks that for whatever reason need the latest greatest. Sure, if I didnt have a good bow I'd probably by a brand new cutting edge one. But it just amazes me how much folks spend on new equipment ever year or two years. My 3 yr old Buckskin is crap to all your standards probably but the deer dont seem to notice the difference, nor do I really, except I'm happier my pocketbook is fuller and I dont have to deal with the wife complaining about me spending all this money on archery as often lol!

ORIGINAL: BrwnDwn

Hey Ol Eagle eyes where abouts in Ohio
Live in columbus, hunt on the families farms up NE in Carrol and Stark counties.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:18 PM

The dealers in this area have been saying the same thing. Hoyt has been lagging behind Mathews for a few years now, and Mathews is starting to slip as Bowtech moves intoa new era of bow design. I still have a sweet spot for Hoyts. They look good and feel right to me. Don't care if I ever break 300 fps.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:20 PM

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

And from all the archery boards I visit its, showing. Even the hoyt dealers who also sell bowtech, are saying thier sales of hoyts are sagging.

I hope hoyt comes out with something very innovative. Keeps the others on thier toes.
I don't buy that as a reason... its purely people buying into marketing... there's people out there still shooting bows from the 70's... its more of a my d!ck is bigger than yours thing goin on by people who don't know... is new tech cool? sure... does that mean the general or the airborne's are gonna kill a higher percentage of deer this season?? nope... i liken this to small pee-pee syndrome... guys that have something to prove by buying the latest greatest bow every single season will get 'em... most won't... they'll stick it out with what they've got until it is either worn out, broken, or something... buying a new rig every season is pretty pointless to me... but i might be in the minority, though i suspect that I'm not...
Old 11-05-2007, 01:39 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Roskoe

The dealers in this area have been saying the same thing. Hoyt has been lagging behind Mathews for a few years now, and Mathews is starting to slip as Bowtech moves intoa new era of bow design. I still have a sweet spot for Hoyts. They look good and feel right to me. Don't care if I ever break 300 fps.
I encounter this every year. I shoot all the new bows at as many dealers asI can visit. And every year, I go back to my dealer who sells the bows with the red apple on them. They just feel good........well, better.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:27 PM
Typical Buck

still using my mathews mq1 and blk max...god i cant remember when i bought them..6yrs??8 yrs...
they shoot fine and i have a hard enough time hunting....though this year i can hunt anytime i
want
Old 11-12-2007, 01:53 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mikey S.

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

I was considering a trykon before I got my commander. Have they fell completely off the radar screen?

The Vectrix is a nicer bow to shoot than the Trykon. The Trykon isn't available for 08 I belive. The new Katera XL is a sweet shooting bow also.Got to shoot them alast week at my dealer.

Snood - haven't heard any problems about the cams. got a link to that ? I'd like to read about it. You will miss the draw stop if the cams are leaning/out of time.
]

MIkey, here is a link to a recent one. Seems to be only a few here and there. I don't think it is that big of a deal, but something you should definitely check to make sure isn't going to occur on yours if you own one. Pretty bad if it were to happen, but sounds like a pretty easy thing to fix.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=585362
Old 11-13-2007, 08:28 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the link......but it no worky !
Old 11-13-2007, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BrwnDwn

I was told that the Hoyt Vectix is nothing more than a Trykon with some extra bells and whistles.I had been looking at them for the last 2-3 years, but when the Vectrix came out I fell in love!I have shot 2 deer already with it, I used to shoot a BowTec Pro 38, My Cabelas club Visa pulled through for me though i will be enjoying this bow for a long time
Few bells and whistles? Don't they have a totally different cam system?

an archery talk link[:'(]jokin...maybe...

Quick Reply: What happened to Hoyt?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.