Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Whats a good tree stand

Old 11-04-2007, 10:06 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Whats a good tree stand

If you want a good stand, for a climber, buy a Summit, for a hang on, buy a Loggy Bayou Monarch. If you are looking for a great stand in a climber or hang on, buy a Lone Wolf...
Old 11-05-2007, 06:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Have him look at Gorilla treestands, they are lightweight most have 300 lb wieght limits and are easy to assemble not to mention the quietest stands I have ever used. I purched the Kong a couple monts ago and love it, I just bought Gorillas Field Edge Pod stand, new for this year, I think it was just released a couple weeks ago. 9 foot great swivel seat 39x39 platform padded gun rest and only wieghs 101lbs. Easy to assemble and move if needed.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:45 AM

Stay awayfrom the Gorilla climbers. The most uncomfortable stand I've used.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:10 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Gut Check

If you want a good stand, for a climber, buy a Summit, for a hang on, buy a Loggy Bayou Monarch. If you are looking for a great stand in a climber or hang on, buy a Lone Wolf...
Ditto...
Old 11-05-2007, 12:33 PM
Typical Buck

buy that and u setttt

Old 11-05-2007, 07:11 PM
Spike

what no love for the tree lounge ??
Old 11-05-2007, 08:23 PM

I have used a Rivers Edge hang on and ladder stand. I've also used an 'Ol Man climber. I wasn't content with any of them. Since I have bought a Summit Viper climbing stand I can sit in the tree in absolute comfort for the whole day. They're extremely easy to set up and take down in minutes. The way the cable attaches to the stand is the best method I've seen from any stand. The Lone Wolf cable attachment is nice too. But I don't like how small the stand is. I like the bigger seating area of the summit.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:20 PM
Typical Buck

u might as well put a sofa in the tree
Old 11-06-2007, 08:20 PM

I've always liked hang ons for theirconcealment. I just got a lone wolf hang on this year andI really like it. I got the smallest one. It's super lite and extremly easy to set up. Throw the straps around the tree, hook em' on the versa buttons and fold er' down. Solid stand and quiet.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:34 PM

Lone wolf alpha hang on, I put some padded backpacking straps on it and it carries nice for a 20 pound stand. The platform is nice and big and its quiet. the snow, leaves and twigs fall through the platform. expensive but you get what you pay for

Quick Reply: Whats a good tree stand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.