Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
hha optimizer sight or Impact Archery Cosmic Sight >

hha optimizer sight or Impact Archery Cosmic Sight

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

hha optimizer sight or Impact Archery Cosmic Sight

Old 01-17-2003, 07:05 PM
pup

Default hha optimizer sight or Impact Archery Cosmic Sight

which of these do you all think is a better sight for hunting and 3d? does the Impact Archery Cosmic Sight have a halo effect?

peta SUCKS
Old 01-22-2003, 11:47 AM
pup

Default RE: hha optimizer sight or Impact Archery Cosmic Sight

just a little boost.. doesnt anyone have any opinion on these sights or any ideas of a better movable sight? i am open to suggestions anything at all.

peta SUCKS
Old 01-22-2003, 12:21 PM

I'm no expert but I'll jump in since I seem to be on a personal never-ending quest for the perfect sight. I'm primarily using it for hunting and occasional target shooting for fun.

In 2 yrs I've used a bunch of sights starting with a truglo 3 pin, added a Yikes bowsight (didn't like it much), wanted to use one pin and went to a Sightmaster (nice sight but just too much/too big for my liking). I then stumbled onto the Impact Cosmic. I flat out love their pin the most for it's brightness (as well as being very compact overall for an adjustable sight). Yes the pin may be a bit large for hardcore target shooting but I personally don't care. My only beef was the slide adjustment...screws were small and have to loosen two to make the adjustment. It also didn't feel too solid if you leave one loose and only tighten one.

I jumped on the bandwagon then and tried the Trophy Ridge Matrix - hated it.

Because of my dislike for the slide on the Impact Cosmic I then tried the HHA Optimizer. It's a bit larger overall then the Cosmic but the slide adjustment is nicer. Can leave the screw loose and just push it and it has enough resistance to stay put. Only thing I missed was the brightness of the Cosmic pin. I even talked to HHA and suggested they try to come up with something similar (hint hint in other words). To mimic I added the battery-powered light HHA sells to go with it. I think the electric lights are what can cause the "halo" effect. I have never noticed it with my Cosmic.

What is on my bow now? The Cosmic. I did talk to the inventor at Impact and they sell it now (and he sent me two) with two larger-headed screws to make it easier to loosen and tighten. I still wish I had a sight that combines the pin of the Cosmic but the slide of the HHA Optimzer. I pretty much have resigned myself to leaving it set (at 25 yrds) for hunting purposes. Oh well, I'll just have to keep searching....which gives me an excuse to buy more toys

p.s. If you're looking for a moveable sight, take a look also at the Toxonics "Infinity" they just came out with.

http://www.toxonics.com/hunt/infinity.html

Looks pretty intriguing. They also have the "Aluminator" which uses the coiled fiber optic kinda like the Cosmic. But wouldn't ya know it, they don't combine the two (don't get confused by the description under the "Aluminator", it looks like they boo-booed and but the description for the adjustable sight. I called them and they confirmed that the Aluminator is NOT an adjustable dial sight. They do sell an electronic light for the Infinity though).

Edited by - WhackUm on 01/22/2003 13:35:20
Old 01-22-2003, 01:03 PM
pup

what is the pic size on the cosmic? i like the idea of the bright pin but i want to be able to score good at 3d shoots. sounds like besides the brightnes of the fiber optics the hha is a better made sight?

peta SUCKS
Old 01-22-2003, 02:59 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-22-2003, 05:38 PM
pup

have any of you used the Cobra's Easy Slide Sight it also sounds like a good one.

peta SUCKS
Old 01-23-2003, 08:55 AM

The size of the scope on the HHA might be a hair larger (I know it's a bit wider, it's oval while the Cosmic is round). Frankly I don't think it's an issue either way, I don't recall either ever causing a sight picture problem.

bowscout....what do you mean "i have the HHA optimizer lite with the Cosmic Impact sight ring". Did you somehow attach a Cosmic scope to the HHA armature? If so how?

Another thing I didn't mention previously is the HHA Optimizer also has better windage ("micro adjustment&quot fine tuning. On the Cosmic you loosen the allen screw for the band and you just have to push it. Though, once you have it set there's really no reason to ever have to adjust it again unless you change something in your set-up.
Old 01-23-2003, 12:47 PM
pup

which sight is faster to ajust the yardage in the feild? and i am still wondering about the pins and the pin size i dont want a pin so big it is going to cover the vitals on a 3d animal because i plan on competing with this setup. the Cobra's Easy Slide sight looks nice but probably isnt very bright. any of you used it?

peta SUCKS
Old 01-24-2003, 08:58 AM

HHA is now making a wrapped pin like the cosmic. Supposed to be very bright. I really love my hha optimizer.
Old 01-29-2003, 10:46 AM
pup

ok with the ajustable sight like the hha are you still able to put a quiver on i was planing on puting the hoyt quick detach quiver on it. also i have heard that the cosmic sight is too bright to use for 3d do you guys think this is true?

peta SUCKS

Quick Reply: hha optimizer sight or Impact Archery Cosmic Sight

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.