Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Speed Pro Arrows !!!! **updated PICS..* >

Speed Pro Arrows !!!! **updated PICS..*

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Speed Pro Arrows !!!! **updated PICS..*

Old 10-21-2007, 11:08 PM

Default Speed Pro Arrows !!!! **updated PICS..*

The other night a made up 6 of the Carbon revolution Speed Pro Max arrows to do some experimenting with them. Heres How It all lays out.

Length 28.75'' with Blazer Vanes
Arrow Weight With 100gn tip = 300gn
Bow 07' Black Ice 70#
Speed 322fps
Kinetic Energy= 69.06 Foot Lbs at tip.

Ok so as far as speed VS energy it ranks about average but if your a speed freak than its great. to compare I was shooting St. Axis Arrows and there stats where as follows.

Length 28.75 With Blazer Vanes
speed 262fps
weight 435gn with 100grn tip.
Energy 67.85 foot Lbs

Accuracy is vary good and there is only a 1" drop from 20yrds-30yrds and a 2.25" drop to 40yrds so this is a plus for me considering I shoot a single pin my pin is set at 28yrds and I am confident at 0-40 yards. The axis arrows I was shooting droped as much as 12 inchs at 30yrds.

Durability I shoot about 250 shoots yesterday and today and have seen no apparent damage and other than busting 4 nocks off and there was damage to the arrows. I shot 40 times at the dart system and no apparent damage to the arrows or the screen on the dart system.

Tomorrow I have plans to shoot one at a 35gallon steel drum with a 100grn arrow to check the impact durability and I will post pics of the damage

Hope this is interesting to every one Thanks.

Old 10-22-2007, 01:45 PM

Default RE: Speed Pro Arrows !!!! **updated PICS..*

Hope You all Find this interesting
Old 10-22-2007, 04:45 PM
Fork Horn

WOW i was always told that u had 2 have weight n i always stuck to speed glad 2 c this now i can say i told u so.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:22 PM

I find that hard to believe, you can calculate all you want, but the lighter arrow will not come out having greater K.E; unless there are greater differences than stated!

1. You did the test with different broadheads, all things must be equal to consider a peneration test.
2. The arrow is clearly shown sticking out of the drum in the entrance pic, and the other picture shows almost a complete pass through one side of the drum; kind of weird.

The thing about Speed Pro arrows, or any arrow too light for the setup; heavier arrows perform better downrange, they have the capability of retaining greater energy at a given distance than a lighter arrow. Also, spine cannot make up for the energy wasted, all that energy was be displaced, and I can guarantee a 300gr Speed Pro arrow is 'soaking' up everything; so where does that extra energy end up at?

435grs @ 262fps: 66.29ft lbs
300grs @ 322fps: 69.06 ft lbs

Even with those calculations, there is still a gap in FPS missing. there is a 135gr difference in those arrow weights, meaning that there should be about a45fps difference, meaning either, that Speed Pro arrow was not traveling at 322fps, or the Axis was faster than stated; or better yet, the test was done without all things being EQUAL.

435grs @ 277fps: 74.10ft lbs
300grs @ 322fps: 69.06ft lbs

Or

435grs @ 262fps: 66.29ft lbs
300grs @ 307fps: 62.77ft lbs

So, I am generally curious as to your DL. I am guessing 28" or 29" DL, and I would like to know how much weight is on your string.

Kind of makes me wonder how this testing was done....
Old 10-22-2007, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its true all things must be equal to be acurate. I did notice even though he used different broadheads, the one on the speed pro arrow looked like the the furell was the same diameter as the shaft and the one on the axis arrow was clearly larger than the shaft, if thats the cause it would have possibly aided the axis arrow in penetration.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:50 PM

Both were shot with 100grn muzzy MX3 broadheads not the same one refused but the same type weight Etc.... and I am shooting 70lbs with a 29 DL. I do thank you for your input. I was just doing this for ****s and giggles so your input was nice I will take this in consideration and try it again and try to keep less variables
Old 10-22-2007, 08:14 PM

Also, taking into consideration, this also shows a bow's Dynamic Efficiency... If I knew the exact calculations for it off the top of my head, I would show it, but it is not too good...
Old 10-22-2007, 11:06 PM

Wow that's good to to know that your a archery physicist. I'm just some dumb **** redneck from southern IL trying to have a little fun and get some opinions from people to learn something new. And try to understand the tools I use better. so maybe you can add more to this and give me a physics lesson and explain what Dynamic Efficiency is and how it relates to me screwing around in my back yard and how big of a piece of crap my Black Ice is because its Dynamic Efficiency " is not too good. "

Thanks For the input.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:34 AM

I might try some of these Speed Pro's becasue i want to go to a 1 pin sight. I wouldn't pay attention to Jeff K. Seems to me like he's already made an ass out of himself stating you were using different broadheads. And I don't know what the hell he was talking about with the pictures
Old 10-23-2007, 10:12 AM

The speed pros are really nice I shot again last night and fine tuned some things and I'm useing a one pin tru-glo range rover site. I love it the pin is set on 28yrds and I'm 1 1/2 high at 10 yrds and 1 3/4 low at 40yards.

Quick Reply: Speed Pro Arrows !!!! **updated PICS..*

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.