Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

peep sights.....

Old 10-15-2007, 11:59 AM
Fork Horn

Default peep sights.....

I am currently using the old rubber tube peep sight but next year I am looking for something different. Any information or opinions on the best peep sights would be appreciated.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:01 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: peep sights.....

Hard to beat the ole Fletcher Tru Peep. There is one brand out, the name escapes me at the [email protected], you can change the inner piece to allow for different size holes.

One important thing though, get yourself a good set of strings, then set your D-loop with the viper pliers, this way the peep will rotate to the same place every time once the strings get their initial stretch.

I've been hunting with a setup like this for 5 or 6 years now, and it has not let me down once. Hunting or target.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Fletcher Tru-Peep is a good peep. The G5 Meta Peep is just a little better

Dan
Old 10-17-2007, 09:36 AM

www.peepeliminator.com ....even better
Old 10-17-2007, 09:43 AM
Fork Horn

i agree with outdooraholic... just look at my forum-eradicator bow sights-... way better than any peep
Old 10-17-2007, 11:13 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: BIGBUCK17

i agree with outdooraholic... just look at my forum-eradicator bow sights-... way better than any peep
eradicator bow sights look like a lot of bulk to add to the bow. Are they any bigger than normal sights? just curious. I have a tubless peep that works great for me.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:57 PM
Fork Horn

it just depends on what pin sight you get. ive seen some bigger than it and some smaller than it. i like it cause it uses no peep and the dots glow. you can shoot a lot better in low light with it then looking through a peep.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:35 PM
Typical Buck

I really can't see either of those devices being better than a peep sight.

a 1/4" or even a 3/16" peep set up behind a nice sight with good pins will allow you to shoot in just about any REASONABLE lighting condition. Any later than that, and your asking for trouble. Some guys will even shoot a 5/16" peep, which is absolutely huge to look through. I've been around bows for a long time, and have met plenty of pro shooters, been to a bunch of outdoor, 3d and and indoor spot shoots, and have never seen anybody use one of those.Why is that?
Old 10-17-2007, 02:55 PM
Fork Horn

The thing I like about my tubeless tied in peep is it can't move. My tru-glow sights take in enough light in low light conditions for any shooting situation. I do not need glow in the dark sights.

Old 10-17-2007, 06:04 PM

Those peep eliminators give you a very short sight radius compared to the standard peep. Kind of like the difference between pistol and rifle iron sights.

Quick Reply: peep sights.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.