Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Bowhunters Jacket

Old 10-11-2007, 08:32 PM

Default Bowhunters Jacket

I wanted to upgrade on a nice lightweight, waterproof, and quiet jacket. My old jacket was fine, but the newer stuff has some nice features with pockets, draw strings in the waist etc.
I'll spare you of the details, but I cannot find a jacket that works.All the jackets I looked at with the goretex/dryplus/waterproofarenoisy. My old jacket has fleece and goretex. It is quiet and keeps me dry on those cold drizzling days in early November.
Anyone have any suggestions for the best jacket that serves my needs?
Old 10-12-2007, 10:33 AM

Default RE: Bowhunters Jacket

I just got back from NW Montana where the conditions and country will turn most archery gear, clothing and huntersinto trash in no time. The guides there seemed to be pretty high on Sitka Gear. My rain jacket gave up the ghost on that trip and I did buy their "90% Jacket" which seemed to be very light, functional and well thought-out. It'll get its trial by fire in the next few weeks.

The guys did mention that the material feels kind of "funky" until you wash it the first time.

Alas, as you might have guessed, the trade off these days for something that actually works, is lightweightand provides durability is that the gear is, as they say "spendy"

Good luck. I hope this helps.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Check out the Enigma bow hunters jacket.

www.enigmacamo.com

Old 10-12-2007, 11:41 AM
Fork Horn

Check out the fleece jacket by Predator. A great camoflage plus the jacket is windproof as well.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Wolf Skin Predator from Gray Wolf Woolens is Awesome.

Dan
Old 10-12-2007, 01:55 PM
Fork Horn

i have a rutwear jacket. i like it, its lightweight and has a removable spine pad thats really comfy whenleaning up against a tree while bowhunting

go check it out http://www.rutwear.com/products/RW785.php
Old 10-15-2007, 11:06 AM
Spike

You may want to look at Sitka Gear. They have a 90% jacket that is lightweight. The cut contours your body. I picked up this jacket and pants in ASAT camo and could not be happier. Lightweight, warm with the appropriate layers and most important it is quiet.