Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 spott hog 7 deadly sins sight >

spott hog 7 deadly sins sight

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

spott hog 7 deadly sins sight

Old 10-11-2007, 07:15 PM

Default spott hog 7 deadly sins sight

I'm in the market for a new sight. looking at a 7 pin, specifically the cameron hanes with micro adjust. anyone shoot with one? i need that 80 yard pin! any help much appreciated, good reviews and bad ones!
Old 10-12-2007, 03:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: spott hog 7 deadly sins sight

Forgive me but I don't see anybody shooting at game 80 yards away with a bow-it seems irresponsible to do so. As to 7 pin sights,the 2 TOP reasons people miss is range misestmimation and pin confusion.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:10 PM

Default RE: spott hog 7 deadly sins sight

well, i appreciate your concern for an unethical 80 yard shot, but fact of the matter is the bow is more than capable of a fatal shot at large game at well over a 100 yards.I agree, 80 is too far for most deer hunters, but if you practice at 80, 40 yard shots seem like they are 20. I like to shoot in excess of 100 yards at 3D targets for fun also. Open country deer hunting in the west, spot and stalk is a totally different animal than tree stands. I do appreciate pin confusion as a reason for missing. thank you.