Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Rocket Broadheads...

Old 10-28-2007, 08:24 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Rocket Broadheads...

I have taken 10++ deer in the past 5 years with the Steelheads with a 0% fail rate. They do make a small entry hole but on the small deer in my area I get a pass thru most of the time. I switched back to Muzzys because I can't find Rocket replacement blades localy and the Muzzy 4 blade makes a nasty hole and an easy, short bloodtrail.

If I were to shoot mechanicals it would be the Rockets for sure.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:20 PM

One of my buddies shoots a Rocket Wolverine out of his 70# Guardian. Real good luck on elk and antelope. Pass through with a short recovery.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:42 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: maytom

The only two heads by Rocket that I've actually tried and hunted with are the 100gr Hammerheads and the 100gr Steelheads.
Of these two, I'd stick with the Hammerheads for the accuracy factor and tuffness. The steelheads have a very short screw length, which dosn't allow you to screw them into your arrow shaft by much!! (Bad design flaw???) They also don't seem to fly as accurate as the Hammerheads either??
Also like mentioned above, they don't seem to hold up as well either compared to the Hammerheads.
the steelheads have to be the most accurate broadhead out there they are actually the size of most field tips. they are by far the toughest of the rocket heads. you must have gotten a bad pack or something. i havent lost a blade in a few years just bent some. my buck i shot last week i shot coming into me a little and went through two ribs 1lung liver stomach and out the other rear leg through the solid bone and stuck into the hide (bulged it out) broadhead just needs sharp blades other wise perfect shooting shape.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm also shocked by his claims as to the Steelheads durability?!? Those wicked lil' mechs are awesome! Over 30 deer with 'em and they never cease to amaze me by their accuracy and penetration!
Old 11-16-2007, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I havn't used steelheads but they look tougher than my hammerheads. I've not gotten a failed hammerhead yet and it's cool to watch em drop well within sight.