Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Tree Saddle

Old 09-17-2007, 11:53 AM
Spike

Default Tree Saddle

Anyone use a tree saddle. How are they for comfort?
Old 09-17-2007, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tree Saddle

I just started using one this season. Sat in it for about 4 hrsSaturday morning and about 5 hrs Saturday afternoon. Not bad at all.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:47 PM
Fork Horn

Its comfortable enough. Something you get used to like alot of different things.
The MAIN THING is to PRACTICE using it! Not only just climbing but hanging it and shooting out of it and getting comfortable in it.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

While I never used one before, it looks to be very limited on what direction you can shoot from. For the cost of the thing, I'd rather get a treestand in which you can have many chances for a shot in many directions!!
Old 09-20-2007, 07:41 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: maytom

While I never used one before, it looks to be very limited on what direction you can shoot from. For the cost of the thing, I'd rather get a treestand in which you can have many chances for a shot in many directions!!
Not to mention.....sleep in![8D]

Old 09-20-2007, 04:40 PM
Fork Horn

I bought aRoad Trips tree saddle and love it. I also purchased a set of lone wolf climbing sticks to go with it. I can now wear my tree stand into the woods and only have to pack in 10 pounds of climbing sticks. Getting comfortable is just a matter of using the thing and learning how to position yourself. Make sure you get the tree saddle knee pads. It wont take long to be glad you did. As far as shooting positions go I can shoot a deer from any direction or angle. Stay close to the tree and use the trunk for cover while you move. I have almost as much fun hanging off the tree as I do shooting deer out of it.This type of stand might be to much to handle for anyone scared of heights.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry, but I wouldn't use one if they were giving them away.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Best thing I ever bought. I've killed deer out of it that I never would have been able to get a shot at with my hang on.

I DO sleep in it just fine. It weighs just a couple of pounds, and nobody can steal my stand or hunt my treestand when I'm not there.

It sure beats lugging a heavy, bulky, loud climber around working up a sweat. Of course, a ladder stand or a hang-on is more comfortable. I still use them in certain situations. But if your looking for something lightweight, mobile, and quiet that lets you shoot in literally any direction, give it a try.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:43 PM
RJH

Well I will be using mine for year two . I have climbers, I have some stationary stands and my tree saddle is my favorite. I can shoot out of my tree saddle better because can manuever to get a good shot. I thought I wouldn't like it but glad I bought it. I think I saw more deer in it last year because you are closer to the tree I will have to see if that holds true this year. And I fall asleep in mine all the time. I'm 5'10 220 and got the deluxe seude version in the large size.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

As a matter of fact-you have a LOT more freedom to move around tree and for different angles. I used to have a anderson treesling and climbers and the treesaddle is bout same thing. What I used to do is simply walk up tree,when a shooter buck/bull was approching,I'd move to backside of tree till I got shot desired then nail him.
That treesling with climbers will give you more versability,INSTANT quiet climb on whichever tree is downwind,and 360 degree shooting availability. I harvested almost all of my best bucks with mine.

Quick Reply: Tree Saddle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.