Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Shuttle T lock broadheads >

Shuttle T lock broadheads

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Shuttle T lock broadheads

Old 09-16-2007, 08:11 PM
Spike

Default Shuttle T lock broadheads

here is the entrance hole from shuttle t lock 100 gr. broadhead, ive been around looking at cpl diff. forums and not many people are using these, they fly just like a feild point and leave massive holes check em out!@

Old 09-16-2007, 09:06 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Shuttle T lock broadheads

i always think its funny when people saw massive holes from most fixed heads the hole will be 7/8 to 1 1/4" just like the head, if you want to see massive find a pick of something shot with a rocket buckblaster 2 3/4" cut is crazy and personally i think rediculus.

those heads you use look like nice strong heads but i dont hear much about them how have they shot and held up for you.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice hole, I agree with brad on this one. Go get a really large cutting diameter expandable and see what it does. I shot a racoon last year with a rocket mini blaster with a 1 3/4 cut I cant even imagin adding another inch to that.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:19 PM
Spike

well shuttle t's are 1 1/8 inches and the holes end up being way bigger then that, also just getting bigger blades isnt gunna have as good penatration. my shot blow in and out of the deer and stuck into the ground, the shape of the blades end up cutting a way bigger hole then what the blades actually are. on each the left and right side of the rib cage was just blown to bits. im telling ya these are the real deal.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:21 PM
Spike

i do think they just came out last year and are pretty new yet! the one i shot through the deer held up just fine
Old 09-17-2007, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

It is possible that the broadhead cuts a bigger hole in the hide than the actual cutting diameter. When that happens its because the broadhead is actualy stretching the hide before it cuts it, but the hold throught the vitals is still gonna be the same as the blades. And to be honest if your completely blowing through the deer and sticking in the ground you have some KE to spare a for larger cutting diameter, thats if really big holes is what your after.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:00 PM
Spike

well ya the blades shaped in a way that cut a large hole in the hide,, big hole in and big hole out.. id like to see what happens when they hit a front shoulder.. these things fly amazing.. all i am saying is take a look into them.. 3 of em for 34bucks... lil steep, but worth it imo...
Old 09-17-2007, 09:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dont get me wrong Im not knocking suttle T's, Ive heard great things about them. I personaly like G5 strikers myself. All I was saying is if you want really big holes you have to shoot an expandable. I dont like them and wont shoot them for the simple fact like you just said, shoot one into a shoulder and see what happens. Your possibly going to ge complete penetration but the blades will be snapped off in the first shoulder. Fixed blade is definetly the way to go for strength.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:55 AM

These broadheads are no joke.Both deer i shot this year sounded like a 2x4 being smacked against a concrete wall.I hit a double lung on a doe and fractutured her ribs so bad they splintered into the internals, then shattered the other rib on the way out.The second deer i shot was an 8pointer which i hit quartering away and the shot exited out the bottom of the shoulder blade with a complete pass through. I tried to get info on these heads before i used them but i guess they aren't very popular yet so i just went ahead and bought them.Truelly an awsomely accurate head and devastating bone crushing power i think would rival that of the muzzies.
Old 10-06-2007, 10:37 AM
Spike

Tried the Shuttle T's and the G5 Strikers, With my setup, I got a little better flight out of the Strikers. Both are well made and seem to hold up very well. I always put a small drop of low strength loc-tite on the threads to make sure the head stays tight on the shaft. If the bow is tuned as it should be, both will fly where you want them. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Shuttle T lock broadheads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.