Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 bowtech tomkat VS mathews black max 2 >

bowtech tomkat VS mathews black max 2

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

bowtech tomkat VS mathews black max 2

Old 09-13-2007, 10:06 AM
Spike

Default bowtech tomkat VS mathews black max 2

any info would be greatly appreciated, trying to decide which bow to buy?
Old 09-13-2007, 03:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: bowtech tomkat VS mathews black max 2

The BowtechTomKat is an excellent bow that is very shootable bymost average archers. It would be a fine choice

Dan
Old 09-14-2007, 07:43 AM
Typical Buck

I have an 07' TomKat.

If you do some searching and read some posts there are only two "complaints" that are consistant. The grip and the accories you get with the package deal. I can shoot just fine with my stock grip, but a lot of people change them. I have changed my sight, rest, and pretty much everything else that comes on this bow. If you decide to buy it. Buy the bare bow.

It is a great bow. Its very forgiving and extremely accurate. Most people who comment on this bow say things like MEANV2 did above, "average shooter" and as others have stated, "beginner shooters". The TomKat is way more than a "starter" bow. Mine is extremely quite, no hand shock, and the speed is awesome. Even with a 27.5'' DL.

I love the short ATA. Great for hunting out of climbers.

I was thinking about buying a new "high end" bow, but everywhere I go and shoot the TomKat people ask "what kind of bow is that" and "you paid how much". So, I decided to keep it and glad that I did. I am shooting 100gr. NAP ThunderHeads ina 2'' group at 35-40yds. The best shooting I've ever done.

In short, I honestly think that the TomKat is one of the best bows on the market for the money.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: StrutNtom
In short, I honestly think that the TomKat is one of the best bows on the market for the money.
I agree 200%!! I would have no problems hunting with the TomKatIt really is a great bow.

Dan
Old 09-14-2007, 08:13 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

ORIGINAL: StrutNtom
I agree 200%!! I would have no problems hunting with the TomKatIt really is a great bow.

Dan
The next thing I will do it mine is probably get you to make a SS for it.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:17 AM
Spike

thanks for the info!! i am probably going to getone this pm. thanks again
Old 09-15-2007, 04:26 AM
Typical Buck

Tacrida, buy the bare Tomkat and change the grip, you'll have a hell of an hunting instrument, just add a good sight and a decent quiver.....

I'm shooting one and everytime I take my baby to the proshop, they stare in awe.....

F.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:52 AM
Spike

i bought the tomkat yesterday at my local archery shop. i couldt buy just a bare bow, so i got the pkg. shoots wonderful.! got home and on my 3rd shot one of my arrows in the target. what type of grip did you put on m9a9g9i9c?/?

Old 09-15-2007, 12:31 PM
Typical Buck

Tacrida, check your PM box

F.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: tacrida

i bought the tomkat yesterday at my local archery shop. i couldt buy just a bare bow, so i got the pkg. shoots wonderful.! got home and on my 3rd shot one of my arrows in the target. what type of grip did you put on m9a9g9i9c?/?
Congrats on the new TomKat. I am sure you will Love it

Dan

Quick Reply: bowtech tomkat VS mathews black max 2

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.