Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

2007 Black Ice.

Old 09-10-2007, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default 2007 Black Ice.

Well, I bought a new Diamond Black Ice a few weeks ago. And I have to say it has been awsome so far.
I went to both the local bow shops and shot every singal bow I could put my hand on.The new Hoyts, Matthews, Martin, Bow tech etc. You get the picture.
I very quickly narrowed it down between the New Drenalin and the Black Ice. Both bows shot very well. And they both felt really good. I went with the black Ice strickly because of the pro shop. The customer service at the Matthews, Hoyt dealer was "Horrible" to say the least. So I went and visited Scott at Bulls Eye Archery in Custer, Mi. Great man to deal with.

After outfitting my new bow with all the goods. I really begun to tackle my new hunting partner. After shooting ruffly 200 arrows through it, I can honestly say "WOW". What a great product. I did not realize how quite this bow really is. I let a buddy shoot it as I watched.. Very Carefully! And man, very quite! I have shot the bow out to 40yds. And I am very pleased. It is shooting at 294 fps. @ 64lbs. I am shooting a heavy long arrow. Not sure of the actual weight. with 100 gr. Slick tricks.

I am extremly pleased with my new purchase. I hope to hunt many animals with it. And I reccommend anyone looking at a new bow to shoot the new Black Ice.

Good luck this year!
Old 09-10-2007, 11:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 2007 Black Ice.

The Black Ice is my hunting bow of choice as well

I took off the string silencers and added a MeanV CSS, with my 494gr hunting arrow al you can hear is the thump of the arrow into the target.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Black Ice caught my attention earlier this year. But I never got a chance to shoot one. How does it compare to the Tribute? I know they are not identical but seem to share a similar limb design and ATA, brace height and IBO seem very close to one another.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you hold the Black Ice and the Tribute side by side, They are almost Identical. A few different cuts in the risers. I also shot the Tribute. It was most deffinately faster the the black ice. But no where near as smooth. I even shot both cam options out of the Tribute. Both bows are very nice. I appreciate a smooth bow over a wicked fast bow anyday! And the Black Ice is plenty fast.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, I imagine that Pinnacle cam is smoother than the binary cam system. I wonder how that Pinnacle cam feels compared to the Infinity cam on my Patriot. Hmmm, I may have to shoot one and find out.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

The Black Ice is a Top of the Line single Cam bow in anyone's book. I have enjoyed shooting mine. It is most definitely a shooter

Dan
Old 09-11-2007, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

What's your draw length that your getting 294 @64 lbs.?
Old 09-11-2007, 08:15 PM
Fork Horn

i jus went and bought a new bow. i wudda got the black ice if i had the budget. it's prolly the sweetest smoothest bow i've shot

Old 09-12-2007, 06:25 AM
Spike

It is shooting at 294 fps. @ 64lbs.
I just set up my buddies Black Ice.
We did not get nearly that speed.
What is your draw length?
What weight arrow are you using?
Help me out bro.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:32 AM
Spike

I took off the string silencers and added a MeanV CSS, with my 494gr hunting arrow al you can hear is the thump of the arrow into the target.
What kind of speed do you get shooting a 494 gr. arrow?
What is your draw length?
What is MEANV CSS ?

EB

Quick Reply: 2007 Black Ice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.