Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

BOW CASE

Old 08-28-2007, 02:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default BOW CASE

I have a soft bow case but i am considering geting a hard case, what would you all get and what case do you all use. Im considering the one walmart sells by plano for 18.99. What do yall think? What are the advantages of a hard case and a soft case.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:35 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: BOW CASE

I use the Dosko 44 sport case. Got it at Dick's Sporting goods on sale for $24.99. It holds my bow with quiver full of arrows on one side. On the other side I did some fabricating and havemore arrows, release and allen tool. Works great for the money. The biggest advantage of hard case vs soft case is bow protection. Highly recomend a hard case. If I had the money I would go with the SKB case. I have a double rifle SKB case and love it. Good luck.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wasn't crazy about the Plano case. It didn't provide enough room for me, so I sold it to a buddy of mine and got the Doskocil bow case. It is priced right around the same price range you are shopping (less than $50 anyways). The one that I have has a little archery tackel box-case inside of it to keep your broadheads and other little things like that and there is foam on the top for your arrows. One thing that I like about this case is it is big enough for my bow to fit in it with the quiver attached to the bow, arrows in the quiver, and stabalizer attached to the bow. All I have to do is pull the bow out of the box and it is ready to go (there is no set-up that occurs). I couldn't do any of that with the plano. Just my two cents.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you have a bow that you care about, and may be traveling with,spend some money and get an SKB. I just bought the Rectangle Bow Case, itholds my Vectrix nicely. Extra room for other stuff as well.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:56 PM
Fork Horn

Early in- Can you put your bow with the quiver attached in the SKB. I have really been wantinganSKBbut I use a 2 piece quiver and wasn't sure if it would fit w/quiver and arrows on my bow. My Dosko holds quiver w/arrows plus more arrows on the other side of the case. Just wondering if I would be able to upgrade. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:57 PM

I also bought the Plano (about $30 case), and will probably be selling/trading it off for something else. It just doesn't have enough room in it for spare gear, and I don't really like the way it holds your arrows, kind of loosely. I have been looking at the Plano Protector series bow max case. Its the one where you stow the bow upright, but it comes with a spare gear box, and room to hold another spare gear box. It does cost more, up around $80, BassPro has a special on it right now. I don't plan on taking my bow on an airplane, otherwise, as previously noted above, for a bit more money, the SKB looks pretty good.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:09 PM

The plano protecter that stows bow in a upright position is awsome.Ive had the cheaper black ones-dont waste your money on them.I settled on this model because of the way your bow is held(very secure-no velcro),arrow storage on both lids,plenty of room for other items also.Its kinda mid priced 70.00.Alot cheaper than skb-does just as good.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:49 PM
Fork Horn

ok thanks guys keep all theinfocoming. but it sounds like walmarts case is small from what yall are saying and i guess its true you get what you pay for
Old 08-29-2007, 04:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: yatesm

ok thanks guys keep all theinfocoming. but it sounds like walmarts case is small from what yall are saying and i guess its true you get what you pay for
Yes it is small and you do get what you pay for. However, you are buying a "BOW" case, not a "SUIT" case. I bought one of the plano's from walmart (around 20). There is plenty of room for my '07 Martin Cheetah and a dozen and a half arrows. It comes with a quiver bracket if you use a bow quiver. I use a small tackle box to carry all of my tools, broadheads, and x-tra part I may need. I do not like the idea of something rolling around in a huge case with the possibility of my bow being damaged.....

Just my .02.

Ken
Old 08-29-2007, 07:36 PM

Im going to go with the cheap one from walmart thatt is only 20$ and it looks pretty good.

Quick Reply: BOW CASE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.