Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

two-way radios

Old 08-26-2007, 06:58 PM

Default two-way radios

Which radios are the from what i can tell the motorolas ar ethe best do you guys have any experience with them?
Old 08-26-2007, 09:33 PM

Default RE: two-way radios

I have Midland's and they are wonderful.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:59 PM

Since you live in Canada only 2 watts radios are available ..but the dont catch very far...

However you can buy an american version at Cabellas with 5 watts.
I've been doing research lately cause I want to buy one too

I'm very interested in the GARMIN 530 cx or the 520 cx wich have high sensitivity caption extended memory and GPS inntegrated..And it works fine in Canada(I've called GARMIN to confirm) Only greatreviews on this machines...

Other fellow hunters in other forums also like the MIDLAND 5 WATTS.

Hope this helps
Old 08-27-2007, 12:28 PM
Fork Horn

The GARMIN 530 cx is a GPS for the car. Am I missing something? I'm interested in new radios so this is important to me.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the mororollas and have had no problems with mine. however, when the package says 5 miles, it really means a half a mile to a mile max. Unless you are on one hilltop that has to trees around you and your buddy is on another hill top, you aren't going to get that great of reception (batter life effects it as well). for what I use them for though, they are great and get good quality "calls".
Old 08-27-2007, 06:05 PM

we use the midlands and they seem to work well for the money.but r33h is right the setting has to be perfect to get the range.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would think that the Motorola's are quality radios. I use the Midland 550's and they are a quality radio at a reasonable price.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:48 PM

The GARMIN 530 cx is a GPS for the car. Am I missing something? I'm interested in new radios so this is important to me.
Perhaps your confusing with another model..
It's a two way radio with many features including a gps made for the woods..

heres the link
https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=146&pID=8523
Old 08-28-2007, 04:12 PM

Deer Feveris refering to the Garman Rino units. If you don't have a radio or GPS unit, and especially if your friends are going to purchase the Rino units, I would recommend them. The problem I have had is that you are spending $400-$500 for the top end Rino, and you can get the best radios out there for under $100. I know it sounds convenient to have a GPS and radio in one unit, but I tend to be harder on my radios than my GPS, and like being able to upgrade them on a different schedule. Radios a little more often than my GPS. Radio range capabilities are increasing every year, but you really don't want to be upgrading too quickly when you just spent about $500 on a Rino. Just kind of depends (like everything else) on what you need (or want) at this particular time. If your hunting or riding buddies are going to get Rino's, then that is a real plus for these units, since you have theother Rinolocators on them. If money is really not a problem, buy 'em all, you only live once, he who dies with the most electronics wins, I think thats in the bible.
In closing, to answer one of your questions, most of my hunting buddies have various Midland models and are all quite happy with them.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:15 PM
Fork Horn

Follower,

I've never been happy with electronic multi-units. Cool idea but it never seems to miss one unit breaking down and you can't use either. I can always add another loop on my belt for hanging toys.

Quick Reply: two-way radios

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.