Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Rangefinder Question/Opinion >

Rangefinder Question/Opinion

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Rangefinder Question/Opinion

Old 08-26-2007, 09:39 AM

Default Rangefinder Question/Opinion

I am looking at getting a new rangefinder and wanted to hear opinions on the new ARC (Bushnell Elite) and TBR (Leupold RX-IV) systems and if they are worth the hype, or should I go with a more expensive rangefinder like the Leica CRF?
Old 08-26-2007, 04:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Rangefinder Question/Opinion

I can't help you with comparisons. I bought the Leo's RXII this season and I'm loving it.
Old 08-26-2007, 06:39 PM

I also bought the rx-11 this year and am very happy with it. I cant imagine why I would ever need anything more.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I also just got the RX-II and i love it!! dont know how archery was ever possible without it!!lol
Old 08-28-2007, 04:04 PM

I really think you get what you pay for when looking at optical products. That being said, I don't know if being a yard off at 50 yards is really that big of a deal to most people. I love my Leica 1200. I had a Bushnell Legend, and its ranging capabilities are not even in the same league with the Leica. But, then again, it cost about half as much. I will stick with my Leica's but don't really think you have to spend above $500 to get a rangefinder that will realistically do what you need. When I bought the Leica I was doing quite a bit of long range rifle shooting, and this is more where you see the minute differences. Archery hunting on the other hand, doesn't really require the high end of rangefinders IMHO.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Unless your hunting extremely uneven terrain like mountains I dont think the models with angle correction are very necessary. If your bow is somewhat fast and flat shooting there isnt going to be much of a difference from normal treestand height.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:59 PM
Fork Horn

I can't help you with comparison but i can give you my opinion of the Bushnell 1500 Elite w/Arc. I bought mine last year. I agree with passthru that unless your hunting mountainous areas the arc really doesn't shine, hunting from a treestand the angle doesn't change the distance unless your shooting almost straight down, which i would never do. Where I think it really shines is when I'm predator hunting. I can program my bullet caliber and wt and when you range your target it calculates bullet drop when your gun is sighted in at 100 yds. Otherwise the quality is good and I have no complaints. Hope this helps.

Tom
Old 08-29-2007, 10:32 AM

Bushnelle's are junk. I am on my third one and won't buy another. The leica is heads and shoulders above the rest. Flinch
Old 08-29-2007, 04:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ive never had a problem with the bushnell range finders, Im sure lieca is better. Does someone really need to pay double or triple what a bushnell costs, probably not.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:36 PM
Spike

Never a problem withmy bushnell.I have an older yp 400 series and works as good as the higher end rangefinders as a matter of fact itis faster to acquire the target than some. I would have to say that the nikon 440 would be my next rangefinder.

Quick Reply: Rangefinder Question/Opinion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.