Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Releases

Old 08-26-2007, 07:57 PM

Default RE: Releases

I use a tru fire patriot that I got at dicks for $17. I'ts the only release Ive every used and it works great. I cant imagine anything better.

I'll add that I use a tru nok metal string loop, which I think is awesome. It may have something to do with why a cheap release works so wel for me.

I'll also add that the one I have looks a little different than the one on the web site. I think it is last years or older model. So maybe they dont make em like they used to.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:15 PM

I used to use that release. In my opinion it is a peice of crap. I used it a couple times and then the jaws wouldn't close all the way and would leave a space in between them. I replaced the bar that attaches the head to the wrist strap with a peice of rope and my groups improved. It made to much of a noise when you closed the jaws on the string loop for hunting IMO. It was bulky and was not very smooth.Maybe mine was a bad one or something. It's good that you like yours.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:45 PM

Carter: Chocolat addiction ( 3 fingers)
Easy, confortable for good size hands, quick to snap and lock the loop and is ajustablein many different ways to fit your hand..
Only downside: 250$ CDN
Old 08-26-2007, 11:44 PM

How do you like the thumb trigger. I have never used one. I really like the Chocolate Lite 3 finger. I just don't know how accurate a thumb trigger could be using back tension style form.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:57 AM

I like it alot.
The difference beetwen the lite and the addiction is that the lite is straight and the addiction is a little curved. (depends on personnal confort.) I prefer the confort of the addiction, it molds well in my hand.

Has for precision,I think most of that has to do with your shooting form. I saw someone on this forum recommend the book CORE ARCHERY by Larry Wise. Phenomanal book. Using these principles of :skeletal structure, relaxation of certain muscles, and back tension, I find that this release helps me do that and alson is user friendly for HUNTING
Old 08-27-2007, 11:05 AM

Trufire 3D hunter thumb release works fine for me.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:10 PM

Another for Tru Ball Stinger
Old 08-27-2007, 09:22 PM
Typical Buck

tru ball chappy boss, four finger release, its awesome for 3d and hunting!!!
Old 08-28-2007, 10:43 AM

I really like the Carter Chocolitereleases. I have that book Core Archery and I recomend it, it is awesome. I think Im gonna have to try the Chocolite Lite and the Chocolite Addiction to see which one feels better for me.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:56 AM

If you're interested in the Carter Ember II PM me. I got it thinking I could use it as a back-up for my BK 3D but the head design is shorter causing it to change my draw/anchor a little between the two. I need to replace it with a Target4 since that's the closest they make to the BK now.

Quick Reply: Releases

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.