Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

new sight question

Old 08-11-2007, 07:04 AM
Typical Buck

Default new sight question

ok, can I have your attention please ? It's not bowseason yet and most of you guys have your bow tuned already, so.......

I am looking for a new sight to put on my bow, I narrowed my choise down to these sights, any suggestions on which one to pick ?
G5 optix ME sight
Extreme Archery 2007 RT1000, 5 Pin .029 Sight
TRU Site Xtreme Micro Adjust 5 pin (5x.019 dia.) with light.

Any one who shoots one of those sights ?
I need info and normally info, good info is what you get on HNI......

dank u wel

Frank
Belgium

Old 08-11-2007, 10:29 AM

Default RE: new sight question

I just got my G5 Optix Me sight yesterday. I really like it so far. The fibers are bright, but then when you turn on the light, they are superbright. The instructions were a little sketchy for me, but I got throught it. The bolts that came with it are not long enough to mount it and my quiver bracket to the bow, so I have to buy longer ones. I really like the pin setup and adjustment. If I was to buy another it would be the LE then I would purchase the light extra, just so I can have that extra pin.
Old 08-11-2007, 01:33 PM
Typical Buck

thx redneck, I need all the info I can get
My tomkat package was only good for starters, I am changing the WB and the sight asap.....

F.
Old 08-11-2007, 02:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

i shoot the truglo 5 pin extreme. had it a full year now. hunted a season with it. it survived. never used any other site....BUT...i havent had a lick of trouble with my truglo. mines not the micro adjust though. i dont have a light either. only time i felt one would been useful was in a dark technohunt. the guy didnt know how to work it or the lights...so we shot in the pitch black...

normal shooting/hunting i feel they are plenty bright. never felt they werent bright enough
Old 08-12-2007, 08:14 AM
Spike

I used the Tru Glo micro adjust last year. I love it. Easy to adjust and super bright. Make sure you tighten the micro adjust knobs real good. When I first put it on I was afraid of over-tightening it and it came loose. It stayed tight all season and it still dead on for this year.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I saw some of the new Apex sights yesterday and was very impressed. These things were major bright, even indoors.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Redneck Bowhunter

I just got my G5 Optix Me sight yesterday. I really like it so far. The fibers are bright, but then when you turn on the light, they are superbright. The instructions were a little sketchy for me, but I got throught it. The bolts that came with it are not long enough to mount it and my quiver bracket to the bow, so I have to buy longer ones. I really like the pin setup and adjustment. If I was to buy another it would be the LE then I would purchase the light extra, just so I can have that extra pin.
Redneck,

You don't use the same bolts for both. You screw your sight into the riser using the bolts that came withthe sightinto 2 of the 4 countersunk holes and then screw your quiver into 2holes that are closest to you that have threads( I marked with yellow on the attached picture)using the bolts that came with the quiver.

Old 08-13-2007, 08:50 AM

The bolts that came with the quiver do not go into those holes, I have tried this. The bolt will start into the hole but then stop and is very hard to turn. When I removed it, it had the paint removed from where it went in, becuase it was really tight. I don't want to force it in, in case I damage the threads on the sight.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:41 AM
Typical Buck

I bought the RT900 and really like it. I put in the fitz fiber and made it even better. I had the .019 pins. So the RT1000 is the same or better. I will be using this sight for elk this season.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:31 AM

OMG, how dumb am I? I was so excited whenI finally recieved my sight and quiver that I opened both of them at the same time. What happened was that the bolts got mixed together. You can't tell by glancing at them but they are different even though they look quite similiar without close inspection. I was trying to use the quiver bolts to mount the sight, and the sight bolts to mount the quiver. The quiver bolts have a courser thread to fit into those holes in the back of the sight. I got it all straightened out though and now it is mounted properly, and looking quite snazzy!! It's incidents like these that really make you feel stupid.[8D][8D] Thanks Dave, if it wasn't for your post I would not have taken a second look, and probably not have figured it out.

Quick Reply: new sight question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.