Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Which drop away is best. >

Which drop away is best.

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Which drop away is best.

Old 08-07-2007, 01:57 PM

Default Which drop away is best.

Now thats an open ended question. I have used many drop away rests in the past. I even made my own before you could buy them using a tm hunter and reversing the spring. I have used the zero effect then went to the wisker but I want to go back to a drop away. Bring me up to date.
Im shooting a Hoyt Vipertec @ 73lbs. In my opinion, the less moving parts the beter while staying effective.
Thanks
Thanks
Old 08-08-2007, 06:15 AM

Default RE: Which drop away is best.

I use the qad hd from quality archery design. it's new for this year. it has great reviews on the net. i haven't had any problems out of mine. check out there web site for a video demo. they run about $130-140 on cabelas and other places, but i got mine at a local bow shop for $115. It locks into space after the shot, keeping the the launcher from jumping back up into your vanes. And the bow can be drawn and let down and the launcher will stay put. that's one of the best features for any drop away. good luck on your purchase.

Old 08-08-2007, 06:32 AM
Typical Buck

I have been very impressed with the Vapor Trail Limb Driver.

The rest works in reverse to all of the other drop aways. The cord attaches to your top limb, and instead of pulling the rest up when at full draw, it loosens as the limbs flex, allowing a spring to move the rest up. When the string is released, the cord tightens and pulls the rest out of the way.

I have been shooting mine for about a year, and I can say for sure it has been the easiest to tune, most trouble free rest I have ever used.

www.vaportrailarchery.com
Old 08-08-2007, 01:16 PM
Fork Horn

Too many look good, I wouldnt be able to choose either. I have a RipCord, at the recomendation of a guy at my local shop. Those DropZones look pretty sweet though. Can't think of who makes them.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:46 PM

Trophy Ridge makes the DZ.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:37 PM

i use a spott hog whammy and have liked it so far. it give the arrow 5x as mucharrowsupport as amny other drop away rests. it is spring loaded and i think it was around $75 but not sure.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:59 AM

Full containment drop away, Vital Gear Kazaway.
I have one on my Drenalin and love it
Old 08-09-2007, 09:59 AM
Typical Buck

I shoot muzzy and it worked for me. No reason to change. Got one on my Tech29 and one on the Equalizer.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:02 AM

Any problems with bounce back?
Old 08-17-2007, 11:09 AM

Bounce back is a hard beast to pin down without high speed video. Basically, if you can't find anything wrong with the set-up and still have clearance issues guys blame it on bounceback. I think it was QAD that did some high speed film tests and showed it as a problem. The QAD HD and LD as well as the Muzzy Zero Effect eliminate bounceback from the list of possibilities.

Quick Reply: Which drop away is best.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.