Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

bitzenburger

Old 08-07-2007, 12:40 PM
Typical Buck

Default bitzenburger

hellow,

could someone give some tips how to use the Bitz fletching jig, I want to fletch my axxis arrows with a left offset about 3°.
How do I set my dials on the jig ?
Could someone send me some pics of their arrows ?
I read the manual but I want more info.....

thx
Frank
Belgium
Old 08-07-2007, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: bitzenburger

Well, on your jig, the two magnets have allen screws set into them. WIth these, you can loosen the screws, and then turn the dial to get the desired amount of offset. As far as getting an exact 3 degrees, I'm not sure how to measure that exactly. I fletch helical for all my arrows, so I get as much difference in magnet height as I can while still maintaining contact throughout the entire length of the fletch. I fletch a ton of arrows for the shop I go to, and for the offsets, the jigs have always been set, so I never messed with them for the offsets. I would say, if nothing else, you can eyeball it!
Old 08-08-2007, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would put as much helical as possible, making sure that the vane stays in full contact with the shaft. If the vane isn't fully in contact, after a few shots, the vanes will start comming off. I keep the rear magnet (closest to the nock reciever of fletcher) centered. By centered, I mean make sure the lines are in-line with each other. Then, I adjust the front one only. I read on archerytalk.com that this is good to do becuase it keeps the rear of the vane centered on the shaft so the vanes are perfectly spaced out. Don't know how true / acurate it is, but it seems to work good for me!!
Old 08-08-2007, 10:44 AM
Typical Buck

thx for the tips but I won't go helical, only offset, I heard it's a little hard going through the WB

F.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:28 AM

I JUST BOUGHT A DOZON ARROWS FROM A GUY AT THE CLUB I SHOOT AT. HE SET ALL THE ARROWS WITH AN OFFSET. I CANT SAY IF IT WAS ME OR THE ARROWS BUT I WAS GETTING REAL INCONSISTANT FLIGHT. I BOUGHT THE BITZ FLETCHER AND REFLETCHED A FEW ARROWS WITH A HELICAL AND WENT AND SHOT THEM THE PATERN WAS MUCH MORE CONSISTANT. A SPINNING ARROW WILL ALWAYS FLY STRAIGHTER. I AM DEFFINATLY NO PRO BUT I WAS IN DISMAY WHEN I SHOT THE NEW ARROWS AND SCORED THE LOWEST SCORE I EVER SHOT ON THE 3D COURSE. I AM GOING TO SHOOT 3D AGAIN TONIGHT WITH THE NEWLY FLETCHED ARROWS AND I WANT TO SEE THE DIFFERANCE. I AM USING BLAZER VANES SO THE HELICAL DOESN'T USE UP TO MUCH ARROW SPACE TO GET THRU THE REST.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:09 AM

What rets are you shooting off of?
Old 08-09-2007, 11:23 AM
Typical Buck

I forgot to mention, I'm shooting through the Whacky Basket !
Old 08-09-2007, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: r33h

I read on archerytalk.com that this is good to do becuase it keeps the rear of the vane centered on the shaft so the vanes are perfectly spaced out. Don't know how true / acurate it is, but it seems to work good for me!!
That is not true. Logic would say that if all the vanes are held in the exact same position and the shaft rotates then, if the shaft is rotating evenly, every 120degrees, then the space between the fletches, top and bottom,will be even also. The top of each fletch will be 120 from each other and the bottom of each fletch will be 120 from each other. So, what I am saying is that regardless of how offset the bottom or top is, if you don't change it after each fletch then the spacing will be even between fletches.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:44 PM
Typical Buck

I started fletching and I'll post some pics of the arrows I've done so far.
My bitz bottum dial doesn't go as far out as the top dial, so I can't go far enough.
I wish those blazers would have a bigger base to glue, tho'....

F.

Anyone tried the max hunting vanes yet ?
Old 08-10-2007, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

ORIGINAL: r33h

I read on archerytalk.com that this is good to do becuase it keeps the rear of the vane centered on the shaft so the vanes are perfectly spaced out. Don't know how true / acurate it is, but it seems to work good for me!!
That is not true. Logic would say that if all the vanes are held in the exact same position and the shaft rotates then, if the shaft is rotating evenly, every 120degrees, then the space between the fletches, top and bottom,will be even also. The top of each fletch will be 120 from each other and the bottom of each fletch will be 120 from each other. So, what I am saying is that regardless of how offset the bottom or top is, if you don't change it after each fletch then the spacing will be even between fletches.
Well said Bruce. By moving both magnets, you can get WAY more helical and still maintain perfect contact. The arrow rotates evenly, so they vanes will always be evenly spaced.

Quick Reply: bitzenburger

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.