Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

easton tuning guide

Old 08-06-2007, 12:03 PM
Typical Buck

Default easton tuning guide

Ok, since it's raining cats and dogs ( along with a few other animals )
I decided to reset my bow with the help of easton's tuning guide.
I tried for the centershot and my WB was so far off, I have barely any space left to adjust to the right or else my WB would slide out.
I measured the middle of the limbs and with a little piece of thin rope placed my WB so that my arrow was aligned with the center of my riser, just like "the guide" said.
I think it's strange that on a tomkat package the WB had to be set so far to the right ( LH bow ) to get centershot.
I can't change the nocking point or I'll have to take off the metal nock already installed, so I will try and compensate with moving the WB up or down.
And tomorrow I'll make a papertune rig and see what happens...

Anyone else used the guide and with luck ?

Frank
Belgium

( I am secretly counting the costs to come to the US and get my bow tuned with some help, buy me some nice things like good camo, an sts and hang out with some HNI made friends.....but don't tell the misses )

Old 08-08-2007, 06:59 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: easton tuning guide

Which WB do you have? I have an Allegiance and had to buy the Deluxe model so I could get mine out far enough as well. The Drop Tine model just wouldn't let me get where I needed to be. I am haveing trouble getting my BHs to have the same POI as my FTs. I love the rest but it also makes my groups wider at 40-50 yards. I am debating on getting a drop away rest to try. Steve in Ky.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:25 PM

I use the Easton Tuning Guide with great success. I have been reading Larry Wise's "How To Tune Your Compound Bow" and so far I like the Easton Tuning Guide better. Larry's book is out of date and does not really relate to more modern bows, even though it is the fourth edition. The Tuning Guide covers most of what you need to know and for me is simple to understand. Good luck with your problem.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:34 AM

Sounds like you may be having the same problem I am with Binary cam lean. Check the string alignment with the center of the riser at rest then draw it and see where it aligns, way to the right (LH bow)? Mine is out about 3/4" at full draw from where it is at rest! You want the rest 1/2 way between these two extremes. I've got bullet holes through paper and BH and FP's hitting together out to 50 yds but the rest is way out from where you'd think it should be from eyeballing it. I still have room to go a little farther though.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:28 AM
Typical Buck

I have my new fuse WB arriving next week, but yes, when you look at it, it does seem too far out.
I didn't check it at full draw tho'.
I shot pretty good when it was set before, but now I put it at centershot, just like the tuning guide said, I will shoot it once it get's a little dryer outside.

thx