Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

winners choice strings

Old 08-03-2007, 08:33 AM

Default winners choice strings

I guess Im a little late in asking because I ordered one yesterday, but what do yall think of winners choice strings. My bow shop swears by them. Other than less stretch and a better tuning peep, what can I expect to see as far as performance. Im shooting a high country, suppreme extreme that I can't make myself get rid of, but now this string is gonna cost about half as much as the bow cost me.

Thanks
Tim
Old 08-03-2007, 10:05 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: winners choice strings

For the past 5 or 6 years, when I replace strings and cables I always use Winner's Choice. They do not stretch and you are right about peep tuning. The only concern I would have if I were you is the string count itself. I have seen a few strings that did not seat in the cam channels on some of the older bows. If the string was ordered from Winner's Choice for your particular bow, you will have no problems.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:46 AM

Probably the best strings on the market. Very high quality.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

yup you wont be disappointed. winner's choice strings are high quality and the best strings for the money
Old 08-03-2007, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have had them on my last three bows and have been nothing but 100% satisfied.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:50 PM
Fork Horn

Excellent strings.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:15 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Tim, I have no experience with Winner's Choice but I can tell you that Gibblet's strings are on all three of my compounds. John/Gibblet is a member here.
Don
Old 08-08-2007, 09:00 AM

Thanks yall,

I guess Ill see for myself in about a week. I was feeling kinda wierd paying a hundred dollars for a string. Thanks for the input. My bow guy took all the specs make and model from my bow and ordered the string from winners choice. I guess Ill be ok on the string count.

Tim

Hey Don, im gonna be odering one of your strings for that wing pretty soon. Im not impressed at all with the string I bought at the shop.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:39 PM

Good gawd all mighty...tell me you ordered the buss and control cables as well! I just put a set on my Vulcan today and I think the total cost ordering direct was about 115.00

If that shop charged you a "C-note" for just the string....I'd go back and hang all of them with it! LOL
ORIGINAL: mostlybow

Thanks yall,

I guess Ill see for myself in about a week. I was feeling kinda wierd paying a hundred dollars for a string. Thanks for the input. My bow guy took all the specs make and model from my bow and ordered the string from winners choice. I guess Ill be ok on the string count.

Tim

Hey Don, im gonna be odering one of your strings for that wing pretty soon. Im not impressed at all with the string I bought at the shop.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:40 AM

Hey Tradtech,

Sorry I dont get to check the forum everyday. Yea that was for everything. I dont think Ive ever replaced just the string on any of my compounds. Ive always replaced string and cables. Sorry for the confusion.

Tim