Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Slick Trick ????'s

Old 07-30-2007, 01:49 PM

Default Slick Trick ????'s

You Slick Trick lovers have convinced me! I getting some. BUT!

You guys who have used Slick Tricks . . . any discernable flight difference between the standard 1" and 1-1/8" Magnums? I'll be using the 100gr at Elk, bear, deer and want the extra cutting width. But is there a trade-off in grouping accuracy?

Also, I read a review where the guy said they made a whistling noise when he shot. ??? Really?

(JUST 16 DAYS 'TILL OPENING ANTELOPE)
Old 07-30-2007, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Slick Trick ????'s

You'll find NO flight differences between both versions of the Slick Tricks. I'm shooting the 100 Mags this season. Regarding flight noise, I have shot 'em a lot lately and I have yet to hear ANY flight noise. I think some folks try to hard to find fault with products folks speak highly of? Try the Slick Tricks and I'm betting you'll be impressed.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:47 PM
Fork Horn

I am also switching to the Magnums this year. Have yet to shoot them, but from all I've read they'll do just fine.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:15 PM

I'm buying some tomorrow.

Will see for myself.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm quite happy with the Tricks I use, and I've used them both--standard and magnum.
What I have however noticed, since some improvements were made with the 'sharpness' of the blades,it seems easier to burr, especially when ending up in the ground after a shot.
The older blades 'in my opinion' were a bit harder--less sharp. Unfortunately the trade off here is a sharper blade creates a better blood trail compared to a blade that not as sharp, but can be reused time after time.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Waiting on my 100 grain magnums, they should be here today.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:37 PM

I got the 100 gr magnums about a month ago and only shot them a few times. They fly great and I have not heard any noise. I let the air out of a ground hog today in the backyard. The exit hole is HUGE. I will post some pics in the bowhunting section later when my wife gets home. She is better at posting the pictures for me.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:38 PM

I am waiting on mine.....stupid Eagle Archery. TICK TOCK TICK TOCK[:'(]
Old 08-01-2007, 05:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't really know how the "standards" fly, but the "magnums" are all I've shot since a few years back when Gary sent me one of the early sample packs. They have always been the best flying broadheads I've used. Perhaps with the 300+ fps bows, the difference might mean something. I was always impressed with Slick Trick flight and toughness, now (after getting some new ones last year), I am very impressed with the more careful machining and much, much sharper blades they come with. Excellent product, IMHO.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:58 PM
Fork Horn

I have practiced with both and could not tell any difference in them both flew like field points and I did not hear any noise. I also used the regular 100's to kill a 7 pt buck last October and used the 100 magnums to kill a 16 pt back in Feburary, either will do the job nicely.

Quick Reply: Slick Trick ????'s

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.