HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   Slick Trick ????'s (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/199889-slick-trick-s.html)

game4lunch 07-30-2007 01:49 PM

Slick Trick ????'s

You Slick Trick lovers have convinced me! I getting some. BUT!

You guys who have used Slick Tricks . . . any discernable flight difference between the standard 1" and 1-1/8" Magnums? I'll be using the 100gr at Elk, bear, deer and want the extra cutting width. But is there a trade-off in grouping accuracy?

Also, I read a review where the guy said they made a whistling noise when he shot. ??? Really?

(JUST 16 DAYS 'TILL OPENING ANTELOPE)

IL-Cornfed 07-30-2007 08:23 PM

RE: Slick Trick ????'s

You'll find NO flight differences between both versions of the Slick Tricks. I'm shooting the 100 Mags this season. Regarding flight noise, I have shot 'em a lot lately and I have yet to hear ANY flight noise. I think some folks try to hard to find fault with products folks speak highly of? Try the Slick Tricks and I'm betting you'll be impressed.

BungalowBizz 07-30-2007 08:47 PM

I am also switching to the Magnums this year. Have yet to shoot them, but from all I've read they'll do just fine.

game4lunch 07-30-2007 10:15 PM

I'm buying some tomorrow.

Will see for myself.

ampahunter 07-31-2007 09:33 AM

I'm quite happy with the Tricks I use, and I've used them both--standard and magnum.
What I have however noticed, since some improvements were made with the 'sharpness' of the blades,it seems easier to burr, especially when ending up in the ground after a shot.
The older blades 'in my opinion' were a bit harder--less sharp. Unfortunately the trade off here is a sharper blade creates a better blood trail compared to a blade that not as sharp, but can be reused time after time.

LKNCHOPPERS 07-31-2007 09:40 AM

Waiting on my 100 grain magnums, they should be here today.

rookiebowhuntr_PA 07-31-2007 06:37 PM

I got the 100 gr magnums about a month ago and only shot them a few times. They fly great and I have not heard any noise. I let the air out of a ground hog today in the backyard. The exit hole is HUGE. I will post some pics in the bowhunting section later when my wife gets home. She is better at posting the pictures for me.

MDBUCKHUNTER 07-31-2007 06:38 PM

I am waiting on mine.....stupid Eagle Archery. TICK TOCK TICK TOCK[:'(]

JOE PA 08-01-2007 05:35 AM

I don't really know how the "standards" fly, but the "magnums" are all I've shot since a few years back when Gary sent me one of the early sample packs. They have always been the best flying broadheads I've used. Perhaps with the 300+ fps bows, the difference might mean something. I was always impressed with Slick Trick flight and toughness, now (after getting some new ones last year), I am very impressed with the more careful machining and much, much sharper blades they come with. Excellent product, IMHO.:D

longbeardbuster 08-03-2007 06:58 PM

I have practiced with both and could not tell any difference in them both flew like field points and I did not hear any noise. I also used the regular 100's to kill a 7 pt buck last October and used the 100 magnums to kill a 16 pt back in Feburary, either will do the job nicely.