Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Bowhunting Climbing Tree Stand >

Bowhunting Climbing Tree Stand

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Bowhunting Climbing Tree Stand

Old 07-28-2007, 05:09 AM
Host of Hosts

Default RE: Bowhunting Climbing Tree Stand

Timbertall Treestands are amoung the lightest on the market, but I don't know how comfortable they are. I want to buy an Equalizer this year. I have a Summit Razor SS right now and its a very comfortable stand.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bubbahoo18

I love my API Extreme Bowhunter. Light, quiet and set up easy.
Me too, and no rails in the front for you bow to clank off of.
Old 07-28-2007, 02:22 PM
Fork Horn

I bought a Summit Openshot last year and I really like it. It was only 200 dollars, so not too expensive. It only weighs 14 lbs. which is nice for packing in and out. You might check it out, I found mine at Cabelas
Old 07-28-2007, 07:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Bow hunting Climbing Tree Stand

I have a Summit 180, Summit Razor, Buckshot, Equalizer, Lone wolf seat climbers and a few more.
I can stay all day long in any of the stands except Lone wolf. The big advantage with Lone Wolf is that it is lighter than the rest. That being said My favorite climbing stand is the new version of the old Buckshot now called the Equalizer.
I have put this stand thru many tests before I would climb in the 20-30 foot range. The ability to climb and safely adjust your stand as you go up a tree is very, very, veryimportant to me. If my stand is angled correctly then it is going to be comfortable. I prefer a seat that does not sit in the stand but instead sits on the stand, especially when I am bow hunting. It Also makes it easier when you are climbing the tree. Lastly this stand carries very well for those long trips in the woods. Hope this helps good luck this year.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:55 PM
Fork Horn

I was a strong old man climber guy until I bought the summit viper. It is a great stand and it very stable in the tree. I would agree that summit has a great climber
Old 08-02-2007, 10:08 PM

I had an API bowhunter and did not like it. I'm not in the best of shape and having to use your arms to hold yourself up while you raise or lower the lower platform can take a toll on you.

I now have the Summit Vipor and that has got to be one of the most easiest and comfortable stand out there.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:27 AM
Super Moderator

If you don't want the price of a Lone Wolf(what I use), I highly recommend the Equalizer. Both the Lone Wolf and Equalizer are the quietest, safest, and most solid stands I have ever used.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:53 AM
Spike

Just curious, what are your experiences with the Summit stands. I to am looking for a good climbing stand and I'm caught between the Summit Razor and the Equalizer. Problem is the Equalizer is not sold in stores, so I can't physically check it out. From other members posts it sounds like a great stand. From reading another thread it sounds like their customer service leaves something to be desired. The other thing is the Summit looks mighty comfortable and is about 65 bucks cheaper. I have no problem paying the extra money for a better stand though. Thanks for all input...
Old 08-04-2007, 06:36 AM
Fork Horn

I own both Summit and Equalizer they both are excellent stands as I stated previously. As far as customer service I rate both excellent. I have ordered extra parts I thought I would need if I lost on a hunting trip and both were professional and immediately sent my parts to me. Hope this helps good luck.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:16 PM
Typical Buck

I love my Equalizer.
I was skeptical when I first saw the video but was lucky enough to live close by NavyDeerHunter who already had one.
We got together one afternoon he showed me how it worked and let me climb a tree, I ordered mine that evening.
I really like the positive locking system as well, the stand does not budge once locked.
The only draw back was the seat, I switched it out for an old Summit seat I had.

Quick Reply: Bowhunting Climbing Tree Stand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.