Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Man What Bow to choose!!!!!!!! >

Man What Bow to choose!!!!!!!!

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Man What Bow to choose!!!!!!!!

Old 07-20-2007, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Man What Bow to choose!!!!!!!!

So, I shot the New Drenalin, Black Ice, Tribute And the Hoyts too. And I have to say I am torn between the tribute and black ice. They are the same bow. Just the tribute is a hell of alot faster. But the Black Ice is so smooth. So I am looking for some input from all of you. Things you like or dislike on those two bows may help me make up my decision a lot easier. Thanks.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:20 AM

Default RE: Man What Bow to choose!!!!!!!!

Shoot the Allegiance if you get a chance.

I felt that it drew a hell of a lot smoother than the Tribute, and was faster to boot. I won't claim that it will draw smoother than the Black Ice, but it does draw a bit smoother than the Tribute.

Either way you go you're going to be purchasing a great bow. I really love shooting that Black Ice and am actually thinking about buying one for shooting indoor.
Old 07-20-2007, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Depends on your draw length I think. If you have a longer draw like 29 + then speed isn't so much of an issue. If shorter then the Tribute will get you more fps and it has the option of the speed/smooth mods also.
Old 07-21-2007, 03:54 PM
Typical Buck

I don't understand why all people are worried about anymore is speed. Accuracy is what counts so grab the bow that feels better in your hands and can comfortably shoot.It has nevermattered how fast you miss. My first bow would shoot about 195 FPS and I have never downed more deer with any of the faster ones I have had. and that bow was about the most comfortable bow I ever shot as far as being a smooth draw and little to no hand shock after the shot.
Old 07-21-2007, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: INRecordBookBuck

I don't understand why all people are worried about anymore is speed. Accuracy is what counts so grab the bow that feels better in your hands and can comfortably shoot.It has nevermattered how fast you miss. My first bow would shoot about 195 FPS and I have never downed more deer with any of the faster ones I have had. and that bow was about the most comfortable bow I ever shot as far as being a smooth draw and little to no hand shock after the shot.
Nobody said that is whats the most important. But when you compare the bows from each company theses days they are all excellent shooting bows capable of shooting way better than you or I can. They ALL have next to no vibration and shock at the shot. My 07 Allegiance is the fastest and best shooting bow I have ever owned. So this tiresome " I rather hit slowly than miss quickly" is not an argument that holds water any more. The latest most modern developments from all the bow companies always provide the best speeds. If you can shoot a bow properly you can do it wether its a slow bow or fast one. If you can't shoot well it doesn't matter what bow you shoot. Having said this remember that the extra speed flattens trajectories and can compensate for distance judgement errors. To follow your slower is better way of thinking people would turn the weight down on thier bows and shoot better right? I find those that sing that mantra just plain have slower older bows.
Old 07-21-2007, 06:52 PM
Typical Buck

I understand what you are saying but I don't agree with the way the first thing you see in a bow add is the IBO speed. I shoot an '07 Guardian arrow weight is 405 grains and a 29" draw and shoot 71 pounds and can't come anywhere near what the bow ads say it will do. But, in that same note I did not buy for speed but the comfort of shooting and it feels right when holding. It just seems as ifalot of the younger guyswhere I shoot all talk about one bow being faster than another while watching none of them keep less than a 4" shot group at 20 yards. And to boot Watch them struggle to pull there bows back to keep the speeds up there to be ableto say there's is faster. So, Yes in this case I would say if they turned thier poundage down they could shoot straighter.
Old 07-21-2007, 07:29 PM

speed is cool and can impress pepole with numbers and when shooting 3-Ds it helps with tradjectory but if your hunting with it the only one you need to impress with the numbers is yourself and whatever it is that yuor hunting and usually that dosent care how fast you run an arrow threw it
im a big faan of smooth and that black ice is smooth i think that is the way i would go
Old 07-21-2007, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Black ice did feel awsome. And it is more then fast enough for my tasts! I like shooting a singal cam bow more anyways! Great input. I appreciate it.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:53 PM
Fork Horn

I pick my Black Ice up on Friday I can't wait
Old 07-22-2007, 10:02 PM

I just sold my friend's tribute last week and he got a new vectrix...he didnt like the way the tribute is so jumpy pulling it back. Now we both have brand new vectrix's and can shoot 2" groups at 50 yds. What did you not like about the vectrix?

Quick Reply: Man What Bow to choose!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.