Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Single pin sights

Old 07-20-2007, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Single pin sights

Just wondering if many people use single pin sites for hunting ? I am finding the pins are really close ( 20-30-40-50 ) on my CopperJohnII/Allegiance setup. I'm thinking of going back to a single pin and seeing how that works out. My maximum hunting range will be 40 yds max.
Old 07-20-2007, 08:29 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Single pin sights

I use a single pin Impact Jumbo sight, with a 6" extention bar.
I sight it in for 25 yards...I'm alittle high at 20yard(1.5") and about 2" low at 30. I shoot a Guardian witha 416grain arrow @ 282fps. I imagine with an allegiance, you would have even less of a drop.

I have also been hearing good things about single pin slider sights. I know mobow like his.
Old 07-20-2007, 08:41 AM

IMVHO, single pin sliders are the way to go for a hunting set up. As you mentioned, the pin gap is just so small, there's too much clutter up there. You can also set the pin almost for the exact yardage you want to shoot, no more using pin gap as an aiming point, or guestimating how high to hold the pin.....Set the yardage (which is incredibly fast and easy) settle on the shoulder and let 'er fly!

I've been using a single pin for about 5 years now, and don't see changing anytime soon. I generally set my pin for 25 yards...I'm an inch high at 20 and an inch low at 30.....Don't get much better than that.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:30 AM
Fork Horn

These fast flat shooting bows the pins are right ontop of each other. I went from an extreme rt-900 (nice sight) it was just to cluttered. I switched to the HHA 5000 very bright easy to set up so far I like it. I am no expert but it is alot easier acquireing my target and feel it has helped with accuracy
Old 07-23-2007, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I swapped out my 5 pin TR in-line to the HHA 5500because of clutter and I wanted something brighter, espcially for while blind hunting and this single pin slider is slick, easy to set up, and the brightness can be adjusted. SO far, I'm really likeing the single pin slider.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Since I first bought my bow I have always shot a single pin sight. I see no use in all of those pins, especially when the drop isaround aninch. I sight it in for 20 yds, andmymax shooting distance is 30 yds. Anything beyond that Ijust letwalk for another day.