Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Stil Skeptical on Expandables... >

Stil Skeptical on Expandables...

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Stil Skeptical on Expandables...

Old 07-20-2007, 02:31 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Stil Skeptical on Expandables...

Im kinda suprised that people say that fixed are stronger than mechanical. I think one piece broadheads lke the montec are the strongest, if they break anything else would have. I have shot deer with muzzys, thunderheads, snypers, revolutions, and 2 inch hammerheads. I have had everyone one of them break once. Just becausefixed head doesnt have a moving part doesnt mean its stronger. I have never had a montec break
Old 07-20-2007, 07:03 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Still Skeptical on Expandables...

You got to be kidding me. Shooting fawns!!!!! Take out the mature does instead of the fawns. That will provide for more than enough meat unless you just get your kicks out of shooting baby's. You are what represents the negative side of hunters ruining it for all ethical hunters. I know there is places where the deer density must be reduced and tags are issued for this purpose but dont brag about it.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:07 AM

ORIGINAL: sparky357

You got to be kidding me. Shooting fawns!!!!! Take out the mature does instead of the fawns. That will provide for more than enough meat unless you just get your kicks out of shooting baby's. You are what represents the negative side of hunters ruining it for all ethical hunters. I know there is places where the deer density must be reduced and tags are issued for this purpose but dont brag about it.
This is a common misconception. Actually, from a biological standpoint it's better to harvest the young-of-the-year than it is the successful breeders but there is a couple caveats to that: you need to be able to distinguish the males from females and that's assuming that you don't want to impact the repoductive capacity of your herd. An older mature breeding doe is the one you want raising bucks in your herd, not the yearlings. Given the two standing side by side I'll always shoot the fawn doe over the adult doe, unless I shoot them both.
Old 07-20-2007, 01:20 PM
BKE
Fork Horn

I was surprised to see you get to the top of page 2 before the fawn issue was brought up. Filling the freezer and suppling others with meat is great but still? I quess I'm to sensitive, I at least want one that will fill up the whole tool box in the back of the pick-up and not just one side of it.
Old 07-20-2007, 06:05 PM
Fork Horn

Kodiachunter, I guess biologist are territorially opinionated. Here the biologists promote the shooting of alpha does that are past their prime, vice shooting any young fawn, whether buck or doe. The theory is that she is past her prime and taking away from the younger mature does and fawns. I often see many harems with four or more deer and in those harems there is always two or more mature does. If the population is to high then extremes must be taken. That being said I don't think you would want to brag about it.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:27 PM
Banned

Umm, ima hunter, i kill, i dont care what size it is. Im dont see a fawn and go awwww, i see it and say meat.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:20 AM
Typical Buck

Umm, ima hunter, i kill, i dont care what size it is. Im dont see a fawn and go awwww, i see it and say meat. [align=right]
[/align][align=right][/align][align=right]Are you kidding or just a troll? A statement like that is just "fuel for the fire" in the mind of the anti's. Do what you want,shoot what you want as that is your right but please don't brag about taking a fawnstill inspots and milk dripping off it's chin. Most hunters don't want to hear it and it makesall of uslook bad to the outside world. I don't intend to come off as high and mighty so please don't take it that way. Just some constructive advice.[/align]
Old 07-21-2007, 05:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Stil Skeptical on Expandables...

I concur with IL-Cornfed.I use the same mechanicals and have had the same experience.I had a pass through on a bear two years ago,pulling a draw weight of just under 60 lbs.
Old 07-21-2007, 06:53 AM
Fork Horn

Reflexkiller, You are just what the antis are looking for. Even in our sport there is a level of maturity that comes along as the years go by. The more years we hunt, for most, we acquire a level of respect not only for our sport, but also the animals. There are many people that want to take our rights as hunters away from usand you my friend are helping them. Your user name say's it all. Got it yet!!!!!!!
Old 07-21-2007, 07:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

Why are you guys gettting you panties in a wad because someone shoots the young deer.

Every other single predator species on this earth will target the young and even new borns before attempting to take mature prey animals. Only humans seem to have this need to kill the biggest and baddest animal available.

That's how nature works. If it bothers youthen I guess it's just gonna have to bother you.

Anti's be damned.

Quick Reply: Stil Skeptical on Expandables...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.