Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Ol'Man treestand recall

Old 07-18-2007, 12:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Ol'Man treestand recall

Ol’ Man Treestands Recalled by TSR Inc.; Locking Pins Can Unexpectedly Fall Out, Posing a Fall Hazard
WASHINGTON, D.C. – The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firms named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed. (To access color photos of the following recalled products, see CPSC’s Web site at http://www.cpsc.gov/CPSCPUB/PREREL/prhtml07/07233.html.)
Name of product: Treestands
Units: About 9,000 treestands, and about 500 replacement pin sets sold separately
Importer/Distributor: TSR Inc., of Jay, Fla.
Hazard: The locking pins in the treestands can come out unexpectedly, exposing consumers to possible injury due to a fall.
Incidents/Injuries: TSR has received five reports of pins coming out of the treestand, including four injuries from falls.
Description: The recall involves locking pins, which secure the cables that connect the treestand to a tree. The pins were sold with the 2006 Ol’ Man Treestands, including the MV-MO (Multi-Vision), GMV-MO (Grand Multi-Vision), OMDX-MO (Original XX), GOMDX-MO (Grand XX), AMVP-MO (Multi Vision Pro), AGMVP-MO (Grand Multi-Vision Pro), AOMP-MO (Ol’ Man Pro), and AGOMP-MO (Grand Ol’ Man Pro). The recalled treestands are stamped on the underside of the teeth plates with “TSR 06” and one of the following date codes: 6018, 6019, 6020, 6021, 6022, 6027, 6028, 6029, 6030, 6032, 6033, 6034, 6035, 6036, 6037, or 6041. The recall also includes the 2006 Ol’ Man Replacement Pin Sets, model PL. No other models or parts are included in this recall.
Sold at: Various hunting supply stores from August 2006 through January 2007. The treestands sold for between $100 and $400, and the replacement pin sets sold for between $10 and $14.
Manufactured in: China
Remedy: Consumers should stop using the recalled treestands and pins immediately and contact TSR for free replacement pins.
Consumer Contact: For additional information, call TSR at 888-656-2606 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. CT Monday through Friday, visit the company’s Web site at www.olmanoutdoors.com, or e-mail at [email protected]
Old 07-18-2007, 12:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Ol'Man treestand recall

Don't get all in a tizzy about this recall. It is nothing more than replacing the pins and there is nothing wrong with the stands either.

There is nothing wrong with the pins to begin with but people don't like to read directions orwatch theinstructional DVD and were installing the pins incorectly and climbing incorectly which is causing them to come unhooked.

Simply call the number provided and you will be sent new pins.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm just posting what I read in the newspaper.I do not own one of these but figured whoever does would be interested in contacting the company.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

I know. I'm just letting people know it is really no big deal.

You know how society likes to make a big deal about nothing.People see a recall and the next thing you know the sky is falling.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:13 PM

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

I know. I'm just letting people know it is really no big deal.
Breaking my neck when I fall from 20' up is a big deal.

These warnings are put out for a reason, so that people take notice and take the appropriate actions. Lets not downplay any recall that puts a hunters life at risk.
Old 07-20-2007, 10:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

Breaking my neck when I fall from 20' up is a big deal.
I didn't say that to downplay the recall.

The pins that are being recalled are the same exact pins that have been used on Ol Man treestands for years.However after purchasing the company and running it for a year TSR discovered that when these same exact pins that have been used for years were not installed according to the directions provided that they could, in rare cases, be caused to come loose.

This recallis just a pin replacement to make the pins absolutely 100% foolproof so that there is absolutely no way for someone to cause the pins to come loose with out a great deal of concious effort on their part.

There is nothing wrong with the stands at allor the recalled pins so long as people follow instructions but TSR is still trying to make the stands as safe and fool proof as humanly possible.

Even with these updated pins it is stillup to the end user to follow the directions providedto keep themselves safe while climbing a tree.

Click the link and you will see the old pin in figure 1 and the new updated pin if figure 2 and instructions on how to replace the pins.
http://www.olmanoutdoors.com/clpinstructions.htm