Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 black ice problems........ twanging >

black ice problems........ twanging

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

black ice problems........ twanging

Old 07-17-2007, 05:15 AM

Default black ice problems........ twanging

I read all of these reviews, and kept hearing how quiet the black ice was. My dad just ordered a switchback XT, solely based on how quiet his wifes SQ-2 was, and that bow is 6 years old. Anyway.......

shooting my bow for the first time over the weekend, got her dialed in good, however, i have a twang when i shoot, is this common with black ice's? Wierd because it doesnt do it all the time, most of the time though, and it seemed like it did it even less when other people shot it, could it be me? I have been shooting for a long time, and am pretty good, so i find that hard to believe, but possible, i guess.

I had someone watch my arrows as i shot them, and they said that atleast half of them were flying a little "drunk". Again, this could be me, but i dont know.

My bow has already been labeled the banjo, this sux, as i love everything else about this bow. Any help or input would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: black ice problems........ twanging

The Black Ice is a very quiet bow. Check the mod screws to make sure they are snug, and any other screws that might be loose. 90+% of bow noise can be traced to loose or noisy accessories. Eliminate them one at a time if you have to. Good Luck!! The Black Ice is a very quiet bowif everything is setup properlyI just had a guy email me last night that had put one of my string suppressors on his Black Ice. He said when he shot it the sound was like a piece of Playdough hitting the floor. Quiet!! Keep us informed what you find. You should be able to quiet it down.

Dan