Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

New to forum

Old 07-09-2007, 08:16 AM

Default New to forum

Hey guys,

Im new to the forum. Ive been shootingcompounds for about 6years and Im addicted. Im shooting a little High Country Supreme Extreme and Im pretty happy with it. I went through a matthews outback and a bowtech alligeance last year and had some problems with them so the Highcountry won out, (nuthin fancy but no problems). I was thinking about picking up a second bow again with the seasongetting close.Has anyone shot one of the new Mission Bows from Matthews? My bow guy is a die hard matthews man but he really likes this new line. He is also pretty impressed with the black ice.

Thanks
Tim
Old 07-09-2007, 08:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: New to forum

Welcome...
This is a great site w/ loads of good people, useful information, and great stories.
My brother in law still hunts w/ an older High Country Excaliber w/ aluminum arrows... Still kills lots of deer w/ it!

Old 07-09-2007, 09:39 AM

Welcome to the board. I have not heard anyhting about the mission line but matthews is a good company so im sure they would be a good bow, and the black ice is getting rave reviews. THere are some black ice shooters on here that im sure would give you a review.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:50 PM

Hey there,
First time here. I have a Mathews Mission. I bought it in late April of this year. I shot around 200 arrows through it and up until today it has shot very nice. Right up until the string broke. That is a little bit of a shocker. Very smooth and relatively fast. Easy as hell to shoot though. Seems pretty quiet also. Tomorrow I get to go to the guys who set it up and see if they will give me a new one. I say that because when she went the cam bent and got a nice ding. The arm fell off (top arm) with a mighty twang. No telling how much more damage is there. other than that I was happy with it.