Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 bowtech commander or gardian >

bowtech commander or gardian

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

bowtech commander or gardian

Old 07-01-2007, 01:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: bowtech commander or gardian

I have both and they are both fantastic bows.

But I have a quiestion for you.

Is this going to be a dual purpose bow hunting/3d or strickly a 3d or hunting bow?

If it is going to be dual purpose then go for the Commander as the longer ATA makes the bow more stable for the longer shots.

On the other hand if it is going tobe a purely hunting bowthen the Guardian would be the way to go but all this also depends on your draw lenght if you have a long draw thenI would suggest the Commander.

Old 07-01-2007, 01:21 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks ausie,It will be strickly for hunting and backyard shooting.which of the two is the most forgiving,smoothest,queitist,ect.does'nt the longer commander aim better?
Old 07-01-2007, 01:24 PM

Hey I went from shooting a feather max to the guardian, dont worry about the short ata. It will just wow you compared to the feather max, but I hada really hard time giving up the old girl but let me tell u the guardian is the way to go. It isa little bit faster and will be easier to move around in a tree. So yea I say shoot them both but the guardian was my choice.
Old 07-01-2007, 01:25 PM

Tre, sounds like your going to use your bow for basically the same stuff I use mine. I want to do some 3D shooting sometime but not competively. It is very quiet,smoot, and forgiving. But you wont know for sure how you like it till you shoot it. And you deffinelty need a longer arms to be able to draw and shoot this bow comforitably. And mine seems very very accurate. But that is more of the sight you use then the bow.
Good Luck
Old 07-01-2007, 01:40 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks guys,sounds like I'M on the right track,can't wait to shoot them.I'll let ya'll know what I decide.IT will be hard to give up the mathews, but I don't think I will get rid of it,just keep it around as a security blanket.
Old 07-01-2007, 04:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: treboryerf

Thanks ausie,It will be strickly for hunting and backyard shooting.which of the two is the most forgiving,smoothest,queitist,ect.does'nt the longer commander aim better?
Tre.

Both are extremely smooth to draw,forgiving and quite, I took the factory string silencers off and shot them before adding the MeanV CSS and both where still deadly quite.
They dont have any hand shock that I can feel.

Yes the Commander does aim better thats why I have it as my 3d bow but I would not hesitate to have it as a hunting bow either.

I got my Guardian inleft hand ( I amright handed) it is 10lbs less on the draw weight (50) but at hunting ranges I can shoot just as tightgroups as I can with the Commander at the same distance and as yet I have not shot it past 40 yards but I do intended to try it out at 70 plus yards
Old 07-01-2007, 05:12 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks AUSIE,guess I'L just have to waiy until i shoot them both to decide which is right for me.Oh by the way what is a meanv css?
Old 07-01-2007, 05:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's a custom string supressor, Dan camo dips them so they match the bows camo.
Old 07-01-2007, 05:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've only shot the Commander a hand full of times, but I can tell you the Guardian is a very accurate, forgiving shooting machine
Old 07-03-2007, 06:05 AM

you wont go wrong with either. I got the guardian. I like my bows a little shorter than the commander.

rick

Quick Reply: bowtech commander or gardian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.