Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Hang on Treestands

Old 06-27-2007, 10:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Hang on Treestands

I havn't used this stand in 12-13 yrs or so but have used them all it seems since then and this Loc-On and the Loggy Bayou is the best I have found. I use the Loggy (an older model) presently. I just sold one of those Milimium stands. Didn't like the angle of the seat and it wasn't the easiest to hand. Would bind up trying to get that point down in the bracket. JMO through.

http://www.locontreestandsllc.com/superspirit.php

http://www.loggybayou.com/2006pages/monarch.htm
Old 06-27-2007, 11:31 AM

How comfortable are those loggy bayou seats they look like they would be?
Old 06-27-2007, 11:56 AM

for the millenium i did spend about 5 minutes shaving a very finy amount off the post and it it slid in very slick with no more binding. I can see that the seat angle may not be to some people'sliking but like I mentioned my brother in law was able to shoot sitting down and he is 6'4" and about 230 and was very pleased.

the loggy's are real comfortable too, though after awhile the bar in front started to bother me, overall very good though.

Old 06-27-2007, 12:29 PM

Anyone use the API's I have heard good thing s about them but just wanted your opinions on them. Which one is the most comfortable?
Old 06-27-2007, 05:02 PM
Fork Horn

Lone Wolf Alpha hang on all the way.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Lone Wolfs are nice stands; I've got an Alpha too. but I sure wouldn't describe it as "comfortable"...
Old 06-27-2007, 06:08 PM
Banned

When bear hunting in Canada I will put 6 hour days in a stand. I sit in a Millenium. No more fatigue from a Millenium than sitting in your favorite easy chair at home. High quality, quiet, and easy to shoot out of sitting or standing. For hunting around here in IA for 1-4 hour whitetail hunts, I use a Lone Wolf Alpha hangon, a little easier to hang.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:16 PM

I consider myself fairly strong so hanging wouldn't be a problem I don't think. I REALLY need comfort tho. I just hate having a numb butt. When that happens I figit and movearound a lot, and then I get frustrated by not seeing any deer. Thanls for the reply's.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt long hours, and demand comfort and safetyover everything else. Gorilla is my #1 choice, bar-none! I've sat in dozens of tree stands, but the Gorilla King Kong Lounger XLS is the best in my opinion. Foot rest, arm rests, great seat, built strong, and very quiet. Over the past 2 seasons, we've switched all of our stands to this model. Can't say enough about them.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat21424-cat20055&id=0046929418000a&navCount=2& podId=0046929&parentId=cat20055&masterpath id=&navAction=push&catalogCode=QW&rid= &parentType=index&indexId=cat20055&has JS=true
Old 07-06-2007, 08:53 AM

Now I am a lone wolf guy all the way mainly because of the run and gun setups I use w/ it and because it's light, extremely easy to hang, and quiet.

Now if your sole purpose for a treestand is comfort my experiences would point towards a summit. Now mine was a climber but man that thing was so comfortable. It was like a pillow couch in the woods.

I also like the Rivers Edge big foot XL's. They are really big platforms and have a big comfartable seat similar to gorilla. It's like a tree house compared to my LW Assaults. But they are cheap and big.

Other wise loggy boyous got a real comfortable seat as well with lots of soft cushining.

Good luck

Quick Reply: Hang on Treestands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.