Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 what rest do u have for ur guardians >

what rest do u have for ur guardians

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

what rest do u have for ur guardians

Old 06-26-2007, 12:56 PM

Default what rest do u have for ur guardians

I have a guardian and currently am using a qad ultra rest hunter series. I"m looking at something different. I was wondering what rest you guys are using are your guardians. I was looking at the dropzone and ripcord. Are these rest good, does any one have any experience with theses rests.thanks

mitch
Old 06-26-2007, 01:41 PM

Default RE: what rest do u have for ur guardians

I do not own a Gaurdian but, I have heard that with the dropzone rest is activated it slams down into the recessed metal gaurd and hits the bottom of it making a clinking sound. The ripcord is essentually the same as the QAD Ultra Rest but just a bit cheaper (price and qaulity). On the ripcord I have been told that after a season or so the spring mechanism breaks. If it were between the three you have mentioned I would stay with the QAD.Also there is a review by Greg (one of the moderators) about a Muzzy Zero Effect Rest. It is worth reading, here it is: Pass the salt... MAJOR kudos to the Muzzy Zero Effect Rest. Good Luck!
Old 06-26-2007, 05:06 PM
Typical Buck

I just purchased my guardian today, and had a vapor trail limbdriver rest installed on it. Still early, but so far so good. My proshop guy said that his best selling rest at the moment.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:03 PM

Sorry to hijack this thread, but why are you looking to lose the QAD?
Old 06-27-2007, 06:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use the QAD on my Commander and love it, robbed it off my Old Glory before I sold it actually I liked it so much. The RipCord is pretty much identical, except you can't let down with it and have it stay up, so the QAD is better there. Limbdrivers are pretty sweet, but you will need to put some other form of containment on your shelf to keep the arrow there, so the QAD wins again IMO.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:46 AM

I use the drop zone on both my mathews outback and my switchback xt...

I use the guide series and do not have any noise problem while shooting it. now they make a lower profile and lighter one and a whisper kit covering for it.. I have been very pleased with both of my units if this is any help....
Old 06-27-2007, 08:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am in the process of trying out the new Diamond Hostage rest on my Guardian and Black Ice. It is not a drop away rest but rather a full-containment style model. Despite the fact that it uses bristles like the WB there is no fletching contact.

Great little design and worthy of a nice write-up...shortly.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:52 PM

I have the ripcord on mine. I have no problems with it, shoots great, easy to tune. I have put a few arrows through it too. I took it off of my previous Mathews and I would say I have over4000 arrows through it and no problems with the spring in it.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:15 PM

I have the ripcord on mine. I have no problems with it, shoots great, easy to tune. I have put a few arrows through it too. I took it off of my previous Mathews and I would say I have over4000 arrows through it and no problems with the spring in it.
Thats good. I was just told kinda like gossip, about it.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:16 PM

Mitch,

I know you are asking about Guardians, but I just bought a Commander this week and had a Ripcord installed and I love it. I did have to change the cable slide to move the cables away from the fletching. Now it is perfect.

Robert

Quick Reply: what rest do u have for ur guardians

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.