Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 ??Bowhunting Magazines?? >

??Bowhunting Magazines??

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

??Bowhunting Magazines??

Old 06-26-2007, 11:27 AM

Default ??Bowhunting Magazines??

I am going to buy a subcription to a bowhunting mag. Which one do you guys prefer and why? Likes/Dislikes etc etc. I am torn between Petersens Bowhunting and The Bowhunter Mag. Thanks in advance.

Curtis
Old 06-26-2007, 05:18 PM

Default RE: ??Bowhunting Magazines??

i would go with peterson bowhunting. its a better magazine. but deer and deer hunting is a way better magazine than the both of them, if you dont have it already. all the articles are on deer in that magazine, where as the other two are on every type of game
Old 06-26-2007, 05:28 PM

Yes but I want it to be on Bowhunting whitetails. Is the deer and deerhunting one strictly bowhunting? To bad they don't make one for Just whitetail bowhunters!!
Old 06-26-2007, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Peterson's seems to cover whitetails in just about every issue. Always has good advice and review sections.

I just bought a Bowhunting and it is not on par with the Peterson's in my opinion.

Old 06-26-2007, 07:27 PM

I get Bowhunting World and Petersons Bowhunting. If I had to pick one I would say... Petersons
Old 06-26-2007, 07:36 PM

A while ago I bought a Petersons Bowhunting magazine and was not impressed. It was thin with way too much advertising(like every page), and had very little about actually explaining hunts and setups, tuning, etc. They were just short stories of hunts. Then I bought a Bowhunter Magazine and like it a lot. It had a whitetail section and a tuning section with the right amount of advertising of new and interesting products. The stories were informative and so interesting I read it cover to cover the first time I had a chance. Is petersons better now or is the Bowhunter mag better? What do you guys think?
Old 06-27-2007, 04:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Bowhunting I bought yesterday had nothing at all about tuning in there. Had2 articles on Elk, 1 on moose, 1 on antelope and 1 on mule deer. Beyond that there wasn't much more too it except some information that I really didn't find was relevant to archery hunting.

Sure, the Peterson's in a little thinner. However, they always have a tuning article, a mental aspect of archery article or 2, a bow review, then reviews on a particular manufacturer and the equipment they offer, an article on set-up and then a story or 2.I don't mind the advertisements that much since i like to look at all the toys.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

My favorite (2) are Rublines Whitetail Magazine, and Big Buck Magazine out of Canada. Funny thing is, I've just started reading both of them! Totally, non-commercialized, very little advertising, tons of great stories and awesome pics.

Other than that, I subscribe to Bowhunter, D&DH, Petersons Bowhunting, and North American Whitetail. D&DH is very good as well, but it seems like these mags are nothing more than add's and the same ol' tactics over, and over, and over again!
Old 07-07-2007, 10:06 PM
Fork Horn

I like the deer and deer hunting mag it talks set-ups and tips for hunting whitetails. I have been swapping D&DH with a buddy for Peterson and I like the gear reviews for the peterson mag, but my preference was D&DH, so that's the one I ordered.
Old 07-07-2007, 10:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

My favorite is Outdoor Life. It covers everything and i like reading all the recent news in the beggining about the hunting world. I also get North American Whitetail and Petersons Bowhunting, which are both really good.

Quick Reply: ??Bowhunting Magazines??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.