Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

BROADHEAD TARGETS

Old 06-25-2007, 09:02 PM

Default BROADHEAD TARGETS

THIS PAST MARCH I PURCHASED A BLOCK 4X4 AND MAN LET ME TELL YOU THAT THE TARGET HAS BEEN SHOT TO "DEATH". BETWEEN ME AND MY STAFF WE SURE HAVE LAUNCHED A FEW HUNDRED THOUSAND OF ARROWS AT IT AND ITS STILL HANGIN IN THERE!!! IT HAS REALLY SUPRISED ME SINCE I HAD PURCHASED A REGULAR BLOCK AND IT DIDN'T HAVE A PRAYER!! THE REGULAR BLOCK WAS SHOT UP AFTER ONLY A COUPLE HUNDRED SHOTS!! I GAVE THE 4X4 BLOCK A SHOT AND IT PRODUCED SOME AWESOME ARROW STOPPING ACTION AND STILL HOLDING'EM STRONG!! I'M LOOKING FOR A TARGET AS TOUGH AS THE 4X4 BLOCK. DO YOU ALL HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS?
Old 06-27-2007, 07:24 AM

Default RE: BROADHEAD TARGETS

are you looking for a target that does both fieldpoint and broadheads?
then what you bought will work but from what i'm hearing theat with braodheads the block 4x4 still has pass through issues... I have 1 target for broadheads and 1 for fieldpoints ... morrell bag for fieldpionts and the cube for broadheads.. i can recommend morrells yellow jacket bag target and their yellow jacket broadhead targets buy both and its under $100 i think both are about $40/ each this works best i'm on 3 + years on mine!!
Old 06-27-2007, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Morrells Yellow Jacket for broadheads is GREAT. I also use the Morrell bag for broadheads. I found the block (older version) to not be worth the money.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:06 AM

Do you have suggestions for a broadheads "block, but homemade?

Francis
Old 06-27-2007, 09:39 AM

For a homemade broadhead target this is what you do:
I got and old grain bag and then filled it with other old grain bags. After you have done this get wool from a sheep and put this behind the grain bags. Pack it very very tight, untill you cannot get any more in. Then sew up the top. I then makeanA-frame out of 1x1 wood to fit the bag and attach it with binder twinefrom hay bales. We used this target for broadheads out of my fathers crossbow and had good results. Although it does not last long (like a couple seasons)but it is cheap. I made it out of stuff I had around our farm. And we had sheep at the time so the wool was on hand. But I don't know where you guys would get that, unless you buy it.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:57 AM

The Block 4 x 4 is still in production, yes? If it held up that well, why change??
Old 06-27-2007, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Remember when you buy morell , you suport the likes of jimmy houston , jackie bushman and , hank parker the morell marketing stodges

If you want a block buy a block
Old 06-27-2007, 09:34 PM

I JUST LOOKING FOR A TARGET THAT CAN HANG WITH THE 4X4 BLOCK. I LIKE TRYING NEW THINGS AS MOST OF YOU ALL IM SURE DO. THE REGULAR BLOCK WAS JUNK TO ME BUT I GAVE THE BLOCK 4X4 A WHIRL AND IT WAS THE BEST OUT OF THE TWO! IM NOT GOING TO BUY SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE A BIG NAME OUTDOOR COMPANY STANDS BEHIND THE PRODUCT! DONT GET ME WRONG IM WILLING TO TRY NEW THINGS AT LEAST ONCE BUT IF THEY TURN OUT NOT TO PREFORM ILL GO ON TO SOMETHING ELSE.
Old 06-28-2007, 05:28 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Caps lock, right behind the A, just under Tab and over the shift key.
Old 06-28-2007, 06:43 PM
Typical Buck

Yes, I have a suggestion. The Rinehart Rhino Block 18-1. Not only will it "hang" with it, it will out-do the Block 4x4 easily. Comparable in price as well.

Quick Reply: BROADHEAD TARGETS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.