Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Stabilizer

Old 06-25-2007, 03:10 PM

Default Stabilizer

Hi everyone, I'll try to explain you my question...
I'm having a metal stabilizer on my bow, and i don't know if it can increase the vibrasion and the sound of the bow.
What do you think about that? Should i buy a new stabilizer (like the sims S-Coil) I know that the deers are really nervous and I don't want to see (my 14 pins(i'm dreaming!)) doing string-jumping.

Thanks

Francis
Old 06-25-2007, 05:22 PM

Default RE: Stabilizer

I've made a lil' vid. I've increased the sound of the video.
Do you think the sound is made by vibration or it's only a "normal" sound?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqlUhlA-9iM

Francis
Old 06-25-2007, 05:31 PM

i have never shot with a metal stabilizer, but i have noticed quite a bit of difference between shooting the bow with no stabilizer and shooting the bow with a rubber stabilizer.quite a bit less vibration and noise with a stabilizer.and i sure think having a rubber one woud be better than a metal one.hope this helps
Old 06-25-2007, 07:37 PM

I went from a all metal to a s-coil with a huge difference in feel and sound...
Old 06-26-2007, 05:38 AM

ORIGINAL: Tbyrnzy82

I went from a all metal to a s-coil with a huge difference in feel and sound...
Thanks a lot! I think that I'll buy one. I'll take more informations when I'll go to my proshop

Francis
Old 06-26-2007, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Salut Francis,
My guess is the stabilizer does nothing to control vibration and shock but does add some counterweight. There are many that do both at many different price points. As already said the S-Coil is a good cheap place to start as it is quite effective at reducing vibration and shock. What is the bow that you are working with?
Also do you have any string leeches? If not, they do remove string vibration and noise for not much money.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:13 AM

ORIGINAL: TerryM

Salut Francis,
My guess is the stabilizer does nothing to control vibration and shock but does add some counterweight. There are many that do both at many different price points. As already said the S-Coil is a good cheap place to start as it is quite effective at reducing vibration and shock. What is the bow that you are working with?
Also do you have any string leeches? If not, they do remove string vibration and noise for not much money.
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2176204

Yes, I'a stringleeches. Tomorrow i'll go for my draw and look for the stabilizer.

Thanks!

francis
Old 06-27-2007, 07:13 AM

hey loved your video godsmack fits!!

you have cat wiskers on your string so you don't need leeches!!!

first put limbsavers for solid limb on your bow either the new quads or the old relible ones!!

second take your bow in to a bow shop and have the cable and string checked plus get your bow tuned up this is the perfect time to take it in and get it back quick.... next experiment with stabilizers the s-coil is good but you may need a longer one may quite it down more s-coils work great on newer bows but i have found on older bows you need more 6 inch doinker or stealth might take more vibration out...

good luck with your archery it's a addiicting sport
Old 06-27-2007, 09:02 AM

An other vid. We can easily heard the sound of the bow. It's seems like if it was vibration.

the first bow (where is written "volume normal", is the normal sound), for the "reprise, volume emplifié", is the sound turn-up a little bit, and the last one is turn-up, but to the maximum.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzvW4eUy8x8

Thanks to help me! Your THE forum for the archery, and i'm learning english here too

Francis
Old 07-10-2007, 12:33 PM

I'm having the S-coil. Saturday i'll try it for the first time[8D]Hope this will help!

Francis

Quick Reply: Stabilizer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.