Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Scentloc or not?

Old 06-12-2007, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Scentloc or not?

Curious as to how many use some form of scent bloc garment or not. And if you do have you noticed an increase in game seen or harvested?
Old 06-12-2007, 10:08 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Scentloc or not?

i just picked a jacket and a facemask up this week at gander mountain cause they have all their camo 40% off.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:34 PM

I used it 2 seasons ago, then last season I didn't. Used Dead Down Wind and saw more deer last year......Having said that, I'm buying a suit to wear again this year. After seeing the science behind it, and listening to others talk about it, I'll be using it in conjunction with DDW this year....I'm pretty excited to see the outcome.

I don't think I was using it properly 2 season ago...I've learned a bit more and will be more ........anal this year about it. We'll see.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:43 PM

Not going to use it this year.

Besides, I pee right off my stand!!!!!!
Old 06-12-2007, 07:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

When I hunt I want every advantage I can get on my Quarry. I use all of Scent Blockers products and believe in them.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I feel the same way about Scent Lok as i do about those slingshot things that shoot scent balls so you dont have to walk and leave scent.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:49 AM

ORIGINAL: kdsberman

I feel the same way about Scent Lok as i do about those slingshot things that shoot scent balls so you dont have to walk and leave scent.
?..........because they both throw scent around?
Old 06-13-2007, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

This site seems filled with anti-carbon folks but I happen to believe that they truly do improve your odds by atleast minimizingyour scent. I have been wearing and buying Scent-Lok and ScentBlocker gear since '96. I still add a garment or two every season and will continue to do so in the future. I wear several layers of the stuff on every outing and I am convinced it has saved my butt more times than not.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Red Lion

ORIGINAL: kdsberman

?..........because they both throw scent around?

lol i guess so
Old 06-13-2007, 08:35 PM

I won't go deer hunting with out it. I love the stuff. Since I started using it i have seen a lot more bucks which is great for me. Im a young kid and being around all those deer has sure taught me alot. I can' twait to shoot a bigger deer than my dads.

Quick Reply: Scentloc or not?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.