Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Bow Bat @ Cabelas

Old 06-01-2007, 06:10 PM

Default Bow Bat @ Cabelas

Any thoughts on this new sweet looking sling. I wonder if this would pass as a legalbowcase. Because here in ontario u have to have the bow in the case untill u reachyour stand, blind, etc. I think it would help me out with all my gearand also carrying the bow on that long walk to the stand, just throw it over the shoulder and foret about it. What do u guys/gals think?
Old 06-01-2007, 08:26 PM

Default RE: Bow Bat @ Cabelas

i think it looks great. can you just pack your bow in a bow/ gun holding pack redneck?
Old 06-02-2007, 11:19 AM

no i don't think so. Im pretty sure that it has to be a case. Like covering the whole bow so i don't know if this thing would be legal?

Old 06-06-2007, 04:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Redneck, The Bow Bat is really useful as it also converts to a back rest and accessory holder while sitting in the stand.
But to answer your question, is it considered a bowcase--only our CO can answer this 'correctly'--HOPEFULLY.
The bow is pretty much encased and the cams are also covered, the draw string disabled, so I don't see why not!
It's all horse radish to take a bow case with you to a deer stand/blind, as all that 'extra scent' is ever present to a whitetail's sensitive nose.
I never do, it's a un-intelligent by-law. I can see this applying to guns but for bows--man how can anyone properly shoot a bow in the DARK at an animal or whatever for that matter. Even with lighted pins we still need to SEE the object we will be shooting at--it's almost impossible in the dark--for me at least.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

isnt a bow bat used in cricket?