Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Parrel Limb Bow Case

Old 05-23-2007, 08:14 AM
Fork Horn

Default Parrel Limb Bow Case

I am looking for a good parrel limb hard bow case that will not break the bank. I have tried the Plano BOW MAX XT and it didnot hold up very well during transport via airlines. What is your recommendations for a case for a Switchback XT? Thanks
Old 05-23-2007, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Parrel Limb Bow Case

For my Switchback XT, I brought the VANGUARD bow case, it is made for the Switchback XT, perfect fit
Old 05-23-2007, 11:28 AM

My SKB double bow case has travelled all over the country and has never let me down. My BowTech Old Glory just barely fits in it. So I would think the Switchback should fit.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:34 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

What Kodiak said. SKB, they make a case for parallel limbs, my Allegiance fits in it fine. For $250 you will never buy another one.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:08 PM
Fork Horn

I have read that the SKB is a great bowcase. I know you get what you pay for usually. Just hoping to find a good dependable one for around 100-150. I have seen that the SKB Freedom case has had bad reviews for lack of room in the case. Any opinions on this one?
Old 05-23-2007, 05:01 PM

No experience with the SKB Freedom.

I never could understand skimping on a good case. Is it really worth it to have a several hundred dollar bow or several thousand dollar hunt ruined so you can save $50 - $75 on a quality case? If you get a quality case it's an expense you'll only incur once and the piece of mind you'll have when you check in at the airline is well worth the extra outlay, as long as they don't lose it...[:@]
Old 05-24-2007, 06:54 AM

SKB Double Bow Case works flawlessly.

Why put a $1000 bow in a $40 case? Protect your investment the right way.

The SKB Freedom is a nice case but you are correct, there is little room to play with. Also, I wasn't impressed by the locks/handles. They were molded plastic whereas the Double Case is steel.

With airlines having baggage restrictions, I love my Double Case. It allows me to put my bow, arrows, camo clothing and a ton of other gear in that case for transport.

Those gorillas at the airport can throw my case around all day and won't hurt a thing.

Old 05-24-2007, 09:14 AM
Fork Horn

That is true concerning the $1k bow and 40-50 dollar case. I am looking for adecent case this time. What do you think about the SKB Geometric Parrel Bow Case? It is supposedly new this year.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:14 PM

It still has those Nylon Latches which I am not a big fan of. Although they are durable, I would just rather have steel.

There are two basic areas of failure on a bow case. The hinges and the latches. Make sure you check these areas over closely before you buy.
Old 05-26-2007, 12:45 AM
voz
Fork Horn

Which SKB case (model #) is the one with the metal latches? I want to make sure I get the right one.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Parrel Limb Bow Case

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.