Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Magnetic Thunderball NAP Nock >

Magnetic Thunderball NAP Nock

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Magnetic Thunderball NAP Nock

Old 05-03-2007, 05:51 AM

Default Magnetic Thunderball NAP Nock

I am really wanting to try the new NAP magnetic nocks and wanted to see if anyone has used them yet. In theory, they make sense. Please let me know what you think ifyou have tried them!!
Old 05-03-2007, 12:43 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Magnetic Thunderball NAP Nock

I have looked at them, however I don't like the fact that there is no indexing mark built into the system.

What happens if you happen to bump the fletch on your arrow after it is nocked? With this system the arrow will turn and potentially screw up your arrow flight as it bounces off the rest or whatever.

No thanks. If you are looking for a better nock then consider using Beiter nocks. They are probably about the same cost per arrow as the NAP thunder balls, don't require any extra weight added to the string and are as consistent a nock as you can buy.
Old 05-04-2007, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

98Redline - there is an indexing mark on the nock for that very purpose. It may be hard to see in the photos, but it's there.

Also, the magnet is a lot stronger than you would think it is. It would take a pretty good bump/twist to get that sucker to move once you've put it on there and rotated it to the proper position. I could see it happening during a spot/stalk, but not likely from a treestand if your bow is on a hanger.
Old 05-04-2007, 07:41 AM

HNIJUstin,
Have you shot these? I ordered the sample pack of 6 and cannot wait to see what happens. I would also like to know if any speed is lost using the magnet v.s. regular nock.
Thanks,
Old 05-04-2007, 08:51 AM
Typical Buck

Justin....thanks for the reply on that one, I was not aware that there was an indexing mark.

In either case, I had shot the original Magnocks (the guy that NAP bought the rights from) and they were a very nice setup. I shot them on my spot bow for a couple of years with very good success. The relase tension for each nock is exactally the same, eliminating any sort of nock related variation in the shot.

Huntnfool....From what I have read although have not personally tested, you will loose speed due to the increased weight on the string, however Magnock used to brag that although the launch speed was lower, the arrow did not loose energy as fast due to less flexing in flight. Like I said, that was marketing literature and I had not ever actually tested it.

Old 05-04-2007, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here's a photo where you can see the indexing mark on the top of the nock.

Old 05-04-2007, 10:58 AM

Thanks guys,
I am looking forward to trying them out soon. I will post whether or not I liked them once I shoot em'.
Old 05-04-2007, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just a thought, if they made the sides of the nock stick out a little further so they cupped around the ball more it might prevent any problems with twist. Thats if it is even a problem.
Old 05-05-2007, 06:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm looking forward to trying them out this season. They cerainly seems like they could eliminate all the stress, torque and tension that a normal nock undergoes on most modern short rigs. I'm betting that they perform very well. We'llsee soon enough?
Old 05-07-2007, 04:53 PM

please let me know what you find out as far as speed difference.these look really cool and have been thinking about trying them but was nervous about to much velocity loss.thank you

Quick Reply: Magnetic Thunderball NAP Nock

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.