HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   Duravanes vs. Blazers (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/190327-duravanes-vs-blazers.html)

IL_BOWHUNTER1 05-02-2007 05:26 PM

Duravanes vs. Blazers

I'm getting ready to refletch my arrows and wanted to know is there any difference in these two vanes. Other than the fact that the duravanes are a couple of grains lighter and a few $$ cheaper. I shoot a whisker bisquit and have heard that they both hold up pretty good. Please help!!

passthru79 05-02-2007 09:15 PM

RE: Duravanes vs. Blazers

Im assuming your talking about the duravane predators. If so they are just a tad lower profile than the blazers. I also noticed that the length of the duravanes varied alot more than the blazers. I was fletching up some arrows and had to sort through some of my white predators to get the same length ones. I never had that problem with blazers.

hallj86 05-04-2007 03:49 PM

It all comes down to you get what you pay for you can only go so cheap untill you get problems.

IL-Cornfed 05-05-2007 06:52 AM

They are both excellent vanes. I've found that the Predator vanes shoot very consistently and are a bit more supple. The Blazer is obviously more stout and in my opinon, would be the better choice for shooting through your WB. Good luck and good shootin'

passthru79 05-05-2007 09:39 AM

One thing to think about is if clearance is an issue, I would recomend going with the duravanes since they are slightly lower profile. I have heard of several people having trouble with getting clearance for their blazers.

bucksnortinted 06-03-2007 08:54 PM

I also would shoot the blazers,the WB is hard on fletchings and the blazers are a little more stout than duravanes I can also hold a better group with fixed broadheads with the 2inche blazers also.

Jim_IV 06-04-2007 09:20 AM

ORIGINAL: bucksnortinted

I also would shoot the blazers,the WB is hard on fletchings and the blazers are a little more stout than duravanes I can also hold a better group with fixed broadheads with the 2inche blazers also.
I agree. i would go with the blazers. i have been shooting them for a while and have rarely had problems with them.

Redneck Bowhunter 06-04-2007 05:13 PM

I shoot blazers and love them. I have not shot the duravanes but from what i have seen and heard they seem to be good also.

pkhunter624 06-04-2007 10:43 PM

I shoot blazers thur a WB Ive had no problems.
put a drop of glue on the leading edge to help with tear offs

paka 06-05-2007 03:18 AM

Blazers here. And if there are issues with vanes tuching the frame of bisquit it can easily be resolved.:D