Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Binary Cams

Old 05-01-2007, 04:38 PM

Default Binary Cams

Greetings:

I recently posted on another part of this site some unfortunate luck I had with my last two bows--a single cam bow and a hybrid cam bow from leaders in their respective technologies. I won't name either company as both treated me wonderfully and I would certainly buy bows from them again in the future. However, for now, I am looking into the last of the three major technologies for my next bow--hopefully one that will last longer than the last two. I like to keep an open mind about companies, and favor no one single brand when it comes to a purchase, but I want to know how well binary cammedhold up from those that have shot them more than I have with an occassional store visit. Any information would be greatly appreciated regarding upkeep, timing, and general thoughts. Thank you.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Binary Cams

I had an 05 Bowtech Allegiance for two years. Im not sure how many shots I put through it but its in the ballpark of probably 8,000 give or take. I had no issues with timing, I did go through a set of strings and cables oviously but other than that I was very pleased.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wanted to try something new and bought my '07 Allegiance.

I've only shot about 1500 shots so far. As for cam timing it'spretty much anon issue. Both cams are slaved together with the cables and as a result rotate in sync.

You haveBowtech,Elite, & High Country. Although, HC calls theirs the trinary cam. Elite calls theirs K8 & Envy.

With the Bowtech you just check the dots on bottom and top cams to check timing. Upkeep is like any bow. Wax the string, check to make sure everything is tight.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have ownedan '05 Old Glory, '06 Old Glory, '06 Allegiance, '07 Guardian and '07 Commander. The cam system is exceptionally reliable and performs just as advertised. Because of the specifics of the design the cams essentially are always in synch with one another. Timing also tends to stay fairly good even with the stock string and cables. Even with the cams slightly out of time the bow still delivers in terms of accuracy and speed.

The Bowtech binary cams definitely do have their own unique feel to them. They are predominantly "front loaded" with a very gradual transition into and out of the valley before the backwall. I really have not shot another cam system with quite the same feel.

Hope that is what you were looking for.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

It did take me a while to adjust to the draw stop. IfI relaxed just a little the bow will try and go forward. I had to learn to hold against the draw stop but not pull against it. Just rest there. The change was so gradual that I didn't really know I had reached full draw until I smacked up against the draw stop a few times.