Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Zebra bow strings

Old 04-14-2007, 04:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default Zebra bow strings

ok i have a guy that lives a couple hundred yards down the road from, me.. has a bow shop in his yard.. i went and talke to him today about getting new strings for two bows... he said it would cost me about 50 $ per bow... he said he uses zebra strings only.. is this a good price or what?
Old 04-14-2007, 04:51 PM

Default RE: Zebra bow strings

"about"?

Would he do all the servicingor is the $50 just to get you a string and put it in your hand?

Old 04-14-2007, 05:32 PM
Fork Horn

getting the string and having it put on.. ONLY nothing on the string.. im not sure if this inculdes the cables or not but i'd sat prolly not the cables
Old 04-14-2007, 05:57 PM

While I don't think you are getting ripped off, this might be a chance to give your local archery shop (not his) a try. Build up a relationship and later on, they will cut you deals that other, newer customers won't get.

Just a thought.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:38 PM
Fork Horn

no " local " shops.. closest one i know of is 45 mins away and is HIGH.. this guy is just doin stuff from a shed in his yard.. i know alot of people who have baught things and nice bows and stuff from him.. hes nice enough and seems to know alot
Old 04-14-2007, 09:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Zebra strings don't seem to have a very good reputayion here or on any other hunting sites. Why don't you hook him up with Gibblet from right here. MAybe he can start selling better strings and everybody wins.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TerryM

Zebra strings don't seem to have a very good reputayion here or on any other hunting sites. Why don't you hook him up with Gibblet from right here. MAybe he can start selling better strings and everybody wins.
My thoughts exactly. Gibblet makes a much better string. You even get to pick the colors you want. How about pink and purple.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:11 PM

Fair price if the guy knows what he is doing.
Old 04-28-2007, 09:15 PM

There is nothing wrong with Zebra strings. I have been using them for years without any problems.

What often happens (especially on this site) is that people blame their poor tuning skills on their string OR they don't know how to maintain a string in the first place.

Bottom line.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

you can get MUCH better strings. Such as Winners Choice. Also take a look at Vapor Trail and Gibblet's (Gibblet is a member on the site)

Quick Reply: Zebra bow strings

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.